Respected Contributor

Re: Thinking of Solo Travel "Again"

@JudyL@You ask the question in your post "when I am older will I regret not going to 

____________________?

Yes you will.  I had two spots left on my bucket list when I became ill and had to stop traveling.  I do regret not getting to Israel or Victoria, Canada; but I am grateful for all the places I did visit. Sometimes it isn't older but other things that interfere.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Everyone

Thank you so much, I did start to research and I have to make a decision! The key word is taking action.

Rhode Scholars really has a lot of trips at all activity levels!!  I Think I Might Try a 2 Day Trip First To Build Confidence.

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Honored Contributor

@Happiness Is Inside JOB  a short trip through Roads Scholar sounds perfect!  Try a 3 or 4 days trip and I bet you'll be hooked!  Please let us know what you decide and where you go! 

Trusted Contributor

There is a website called journeywoman.com, it is all about women traveling solo.

It has tips for packing, where to stay, vacation ideas.  I am married and don't travel solo at the moment, but it is an interesting site.

Good luck in you decision.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Happiness Is Inside JOB  Not sure what your budget is, but you may want to look at TAUCK (website is wonderful).  Our last 2 trips to Italy and Alaska were with them, and our next trip (April) to Hawaii will be with them as well.  We met so many incredible people traveling with them, stayed at amazing hotels in the best locations, and did things we could NEVER NEVER have done on our own (private after hours tour of the Sistine Chapel, just the 22 of us, and allowed to take pictures and spend a lot of time there, etc).  There were a number of singles both times, and they were scooped up by people each time there was time on your own, and embraced by the entire group.  They never felt alone, and the few meals that were on your own, they were invited by some couple or group to join them for the evening.  I'm already looking at a Tauck trip for next year.

We met a couple on our Italy trip who joined us on our  Alaska trip and is meeting us in Hawaii.  When we went to visit my sister in NY (I'm living in the northern burbs of Chicago now),  we met up with 3 couples from our Italy trip and went to dinner and the theatre. 

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND.  It's costly, but worth every penny.

Trusted Contributor

@nyc1wrote:

@Happiness Is Inside JOB  Not sure what your budget is, but you may want to look at TAUCK (website is wonderful).  Our last 2 trips to Italy and Alaska were with them, and our next trip (April) to Hawaii will be with them as well.  We met so many incredible people traveling with them, stayed at amazing hotels in the best locations, and did things we could NEVER NEVER have done on our own (private after hours tour of the Sistine Chapel, just the 22 of us, and allowed to take pictures and spend a lot of time there, etc).  There were a number of singles both times, and they were scooped up by people each time there was time on your own, and embraced by the entire group.  They never felt alone, and the few meals that were on your own, they were invited by some couple or group to join them for the evening.  I'm already looking at a Tauck trip for next year.

We met a couple on our Italy trip who joined us on our  Alaska trip and is meeting us in Hawaii.  When we went to visit my sister in NY (I'm living in the northern burbs of Chicago now),  we met up with 3 couples from our Italy trip and went to dinner and the theatre. 

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND.  It's costly, but worth every penny.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! I am going to the site now.

in your life!!!
Trusted Contributor

@PAladywrote:

There is a website called journeywoman.com, it is all about women traveling solo.

It has tips for packing, where to stay, vacation ideas.  I am married and don't travel solo at the moment, but it is an interesting site.

Good luck in you decision.

Ms. Palady1_

THANK YOU SO MUCH, I am going to check them out also.

in your life!!!