Contributor

Things to do in Myrtle Beach

My husband and I will be in Myrtle Beach next week for three days for a short get away and would appreciate suggestions of some things to do, sites to see and places to eat.

Thanks
Contributor

Re: Things to do in Myrtle Beach

Barefoot Landing!  It's so much for to walk through.  Shops, places to eat.  We loved it!

Respected Contributor

Go to a nightclub where people shag dance.

Super Contributor

I love Myrtle Beach!  I didn't realize I was such a fan of water until going to Myrtle Beach.I loved riding on waves using a boogie board.  My adult kids stood on the beach watching me and were shocked to see that I was having a great time.  Best time ever.  That was about 25 years ago.  I discovered the QVC Outlet.  It was like any other outlet -- hit or miss --but I did find quite a few items.  Sad to say the outlet is gone now.  I would love to go back again!

Trusted Contributor

If you make it to Barefoot Landing that was mentioned above.

A great place to eat at is ~ Greg Norman's Australian Steakhouse !

~love hard~~play hard~~be kind~~~life is short~
Frequent Contributor

Tell me where are you staying and I can give you better ideas.  We typically stay in south myrtle so go to market commons to eat and shop sometimes.  Brook green gardens is a lovely sculpture garden if you want something to do not on the beach.  We LOVE going to murrells inlet at night to the marsh walk.  Our favorite restaurant is the hot fish club.  Right on the water, fabulous food, a gazebo bar with music.  It feels like you are on vacation in the islands! We also like drunken jacks for good sea food and a view of the water, followed by walking down to dead dog saloon or creek ratz to.listen to music.  These are both at the twisted sister marina and you can watch the boats and see goat island.  My mom and I just came back from myrtle yesterday😎. I would also recommend going out one of the piers.  There is a.main pier downtown which is really expensive to park at.  I would suggest going to spring maid pier or the pier at myrtle beach state park.  You pay a small fee to walk out on the pier but it is fun to see the fisherman and have a different view if the water.

Honored Contributor

If you go to Barefoot Landing, go by River Street Sweets and taste a pecan praline!  Real, melt in your mouth caramel.  Not the chewy kind.

World Famous Praline Canister

Super Contributor

@kehaara wrote:
My husband and I will be in Myrtle Beach next week for three days for a short get away and would appreciate suggestions of some things to do, sites to see and places to eat.

Thanks

Super Contributor

For another shopping place is Broadway At The Beach. Also at Garden City which is 6 miles south of Myrtle Beach is Sara J's Restaurant. The best seafood I have ever eaten. Scallops are so big & you get at least 10 of them. Love, love Myrtle Beach especially Murrell's Inlet & Garden City.