Frequent Contributor

Things to do in Denver early in the morning

I'm traveling to Denver later this month and arrive at 7:00 am. I'd love to find an early morning activity that would be fun for DH and me (in our 50s) and our 25 y.o. son. I found the Denver Mint opens at 8:00 am. Any other suggestions?

Regular Contributor

Re: Things to do in Denver early in the morning

We love to walk  and the weather in Denver is nice in the morning in the fall..It may be cool but take a jacket..Have fun

Honored Contributor

Check into your hotel and take a nap!  Obviously, I am not a morning person.  lol  Perhaps you can go out for breakfast and then take a walk in downtown area.

kindness is strength
Occasional Contributor

If you go downtown, Union Station is a great place to visit. They have shops, bars and eating areas. I recommend Snooze, great breakfast place!

Trusted Contributor

Sunrise on the Rockies!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

If you're flying into Denver, keep in mind that the airport is 25 miles outside of the city, so it'll take you a while just to get in to town after you collect your bags, etc. Although it will likely be too early to check in to your hotel, you may be able to drop your bags with the bell station while you go out and explore.

It's been several years since I've been to Denver, but we did a walking tour of the LoDo neighborhood that was really fun and interesting. It lasted about 90 minutes. 

Trip Advisor can give you all kinds of info about things to do:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g33388-Activities-Denver_Colorado.html

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Frequent Contributor

We've done the walking tour of LoDo, too...it was fantastic!

Respected Contributor

I live in the area.  Be a little cautious about going downtown early or being there in the evening.  BIG homeless and drug problems there.  Union station is closely monitored, so you should be safe.  It's sad to see what our city has become.