Esteemed Contributor

Re: The 27 Most Beautiful Places in America

@World Traveler

Yes - underneath.  I personally didn't know it made these cool effects!!  In fact, I don't know why the people look so small!  Millennium Park, where Cloud Gate is located, just passed Navy Pier as most visited tourist attraction in the Midwest.

Super Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

The Marginal Way in Ogunquit, Maine. A coastal walkway that is breathtaking. I haven't been in years but it is my peaceful, happy place.

Wish all my troubles could disappear and I could be there right now. Ogunquit Beach surrounds it and is beautiful as well.

download.jpgWhat-a-day-to-sail.jpg9298782543_757f16ff74_b.jpg

I can also vouch for the Marginal Way in Ogunquit.  I live about a half hour from there and at least once a year (usually in the fall) my hubby and I drive up there, walk the way along the ocean and have lunch along the water.  Truly beautiful!

Honored Contributor

After seeing just a few of your own "most beautiful place," I think you all could have come up with a list that was better than the one I posted from the Internet! Heart

Esteemed Contributor

The list is certainly justified although there are likely dozens, if not hundreds, of other places that could make that most-beautiful list. I've visited several of the places shown and even live near one of them, but I could certainly add a few more spots to that list.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for posting! Absolutely stunning photos! You forget just how gorgeous your own country is sometimes!!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Beautiful photos I felt like I could step right in them!  I too forget how beautiful our own country is and so much to see.

Honored Contributor

greeneyedlady.....and others.....love this forum and wish I had it a year ago.  My husband and  I travelled to Maine July, 2016.  Beautiful state!  We stayed in Bath....nice city...enjoyed the Maritime Museum.....did visit Kennebunkport....and spent the night in Ogunquit!!!  Wish I had known about the Marginal Way.  We did have dinner at restaurant on water....loved it....but missed what you described.  Guess I have to return!!!

Trusted Contributor

@World Traveler,

Wow! Many thanks for posting this amazing pictures.

I was very urban until I came to the US and now I have discovered that the real monuments of America are their National Parks. 

You have given me some ideas for future trips that my family will enjoy tremendously🌻