Trusted Contributor

Re: Hotel Recommendations Savannah, Georgia

@LilysmomI'm glad you enjoyed your stay in Savannah. Lovely pictures.  I was downtown there this morning walking around and I treated myself to a scoop of Leopold's ice cream shortly after they opened.  Smiley Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@CoffeeNut, we hit the streets early ... too hot to be doing serious walking in the heat of high afternoon.

DH and I love trees and are lucky enough to have some handsome oaks on our property.  Candler Tree was beautiful.  The trees were seriously one of the trip’s highlights for me.  No offence to Florida, but I think Georgia and South Carolina are gorgeous.  This is our third trip and won’t be our last.

LM

Honored Contributor

I'm so glad you enjoyed your trip.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Thanks for Hotel Recommendations Savannah, Georgia

[ Edited ]

@VaBelle35@CoffeeNut@ScrapHappy@kitty60@lh8990, not sure how many of you are from Savannah.  I have a question about the city.  What is the population?  I googled it and the answer I got was around 146,000 people.  I thought it was bigger.

My city is 450,000 people but that includes a twin city across the harbour and other bedroom communities in our municipality.  If you took our city alone, it is probably 250,000.

There are many similarities between Halifax and Savannah.  Both are port cities sloping to the waterfront.  Both have historic districts but I think Halifax has many more high rises than Savannah.  There is a constant struggle here between growth and retaining historic proportions of the city (founded in 1749).

TIA.  Just curious.  LM

PS, we passed one art gallery downtown because there was a landscape there that I could have sworn was done by one of our known local artists.  We stopped into the gallery and the person there told us we weren’t the first people from Nova Scotia to stop and say that.  Interesting huh?  No wonder I liked Savannah so much🙂.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Thanks for Hotel Recommendations Savannah, Georgia

@LilysmomThat's about the correct number for popuation.  It's not really that big of a city.