Super Contributor

Texas bluebonnets 2017 season

Has anyone out there seen the bluebonnets yet? Travelling in 2 weeks all around the state to see those beauties. Word has it that the season has already started and will be a long one. So excited to see the Texan equivalent to the Irish four leaf clover.

Honored Contributor

Re: Texas bluebonnets 2017 season

I've heard they're early this year and should peak this coming week.  I made a auto trip from Midland to Dallas once this time of year and the wildflowers were indescribably beautiful.  Gotta love Texas wildflowers as they're like no other. 

download (1).jpg

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Just went from Austin to Houston and back - on 290 - there are already a few bluebonnets out. Still kinda early though.

-Texas Hill Country-
Super Contributor

@CAMOGIRL wrote:

Just went from Austin to Houston and back - on 290 - there are already a few bluebonnets out. Still kinda early though.

Your reply, Camogirl, relieved me! Since I have a couple of weeks yet I was worried the bluebonnets would be past prime. Austin is one of the areas on the agenda as is Waco, and Big Bend and El Guadalupe N.P.s..

Super Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I've heard they're early this year and should peak this coming week.  I made a auto trip from Midland to Dallas once this time of year and the wildflowers were indescribably beautiful.  Gotta love Texas wildflowers as they're like no other. 

download (1).jpg

Stunning Picture! I hope to get glimpses of that.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Posh Poodle

I live in San Antonio the bluebonnets are out around my area and I heard they are beautiful in Castroville and south of us....Some friends and I are going to go out to take wildflower photos this weekend if the weather coopertes....

.....it will be a couple more weeks before they come out in the Hill Country ....even the Wiild Seed Farm told us its usually April for them there....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Posh Poodle

This is from last year.....DSCF0830.JPG

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Super Contributor

Super Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Posh Poodle

This is from last year.....DSCF0830.JPG

Spurt, that photo is so colorful and puts a smile on my face. Thanks for sharing the pix and the info! I'm wearing my Quacker Factory Bluebonnet color lettuce shirt on the trip. LOL! Not making that color up, btw. Also going to make a "pit stop" at the Dooney outlet store in San Marcos.

Honored Contributor

@Posh Poodle

Last year's crop was SPECTACULAR, although the weather was a bit cooler too......but the bluebonnets and other wildflowers seemed to have really come out in abundance and are just beautiful!!!! It sounds like you have the perfect outfit for your trip Woman Very Happy  I hope you are able to see many beautiful bluebonnets.  Have a fun and safe trip! Woman Very Happy

Yep, been to that  Outlet Mall and spent lots of cash$$$ there...LOL Happy Shopping too!