Super Contributor

Can anyone recommend a hotel or a resort on the water in Tampa?

QVC Customer Care
Respected Contributor

Since you asked before and didn't get any suggestions, I may not be much help either.  I was in Tampa Oct. 2019 and stayed downtown. I loved it. You may want to check out Anna Maria Island for beach - small hotels Airbnb etc.

The Art Ovation Hotel in Sarasota is on my bucket list.  There is a ukulele and art supplies in every room. I thought I read they have shuttles to the beach.

I hope your research goes well and you have an awesome time 

Respected Contributor

Re: Tampa Florida

[ Edited ]

@scatcat wrote:

Since you asked before and didn't get any suggestions, I may not be much help either.  I was in Tampa Oct. 2019 and stayed downtown. I loved it. You may want to check out Anna Maria Island for beach - small hotels Airbnb etc.

The Art Ovation Hotel in Sarasota is on my bucket list.  There is a ukulele and art supplies in every room. I thought I read they have shuttles to the beach.

I hope your research goes well and you have an awesome time 

To be fair to other posters, she never gave any more info than "on the water and reasonable". What's "reasonable"? Bay front or Gulf front? What time of year? How far in advance? She said she didn't want to wade thru all of the listings on Trip Advisor, but that's what travel websites are for. Narrow your choices down to a few and then maybe posters can help. Or call a travel agent. People generally are willing to help if they're given ample info. But they're not willing to do someone's research for them. 

I have a beach place on AMI. There aren't really hotels out there. A bunch of small  resorts and they're not hotels like you'd think of a Hyatt or Hilton, except for the Waterline Marina Hotel and that's being sold off as individual units. It's mostly condo/home rentals. Most places book up at least a year in advance.

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Esteemed Contributor

We used to live in Tampa, it is not on the ocean, it is on Tampa Bay.

Respected Contributor

@crazered it would be helpful if you are more specific. "Tampa" is not on the Gulf of Mexico but it does have waterside accommodations on Tampa Bay.

Are you going for a business conference or do you want to go stay strictly for vacation. If it is strictly for a Beach vacation, I'd look at St. Petersburg, Clearwater, Anna Maria Island, Holmes Beach, Longboat Key, Lido Key, Siesta Key. 

It is " off season" now. Air BnB and VRBO may be a great way to go especially if you plan to stay a week and have family or friends with you. 

Respected Contributor

@crazered, you might find a site like TripAdvisor more helpful.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC inappropriate

Valued Contributor

Not in Tampa but along the Gulf of Mexico in St Pete Beach there is the Don Cesar on Passe a Grille Beach.

Trusted Contributor

I have been to Tampa several times for the Outback Bowl.  We've always stayed at the Marriott Waterside.  It is very nice and is right on the trolley line to go to other areas like Ybor City.