Esteemed Contributor

I always freak out, thinking I've lost my driver's license after going through security.

Honored Contributor

I have travel anxiety.  Before I had TSA Precheck I always checked for my laptop because I was always afraid I would leave it at security.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Tipping question:

Do you all tip the rental car shuttle driver?

We had a discussion about this on our trip this week.  It was 50/50, no clear answer.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

Re: TRAVEL CHAT

[ Edited ]

@VaBelle35  I’m horrible at tipping, so I’m no help.  I don’t rent a lot of cars so the only shuttle driver I use is when I park my car at the airport’s garage to the entrance.  I don’t tip them and have never seen anyone tipping them.  They don’t help with bags, they are just there to run the loop over and over again. In fact, I don’t recall seeing them even getting out of their seat!

So, I guess, for me, it depends on whether they help with bags.  Because I do tip other people for similar journeys, but where they pack/unpack the bags for me.  Thinking about it, I probably unconsciously tip whenever they touch my bag. 

Respected Contributor

Yes I would tip rental car shuttle driver or any shuttle driver. I tend to tip probably more than I should but it's only a few dollars so what's the harm.  I would tip $3-$5.

Honored Contributor

Thanks.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Luggage Alert!

TJMaxx and Marshalls had a ton of luggage today.  They must have just gotten a delivery as it was overflowing and they had 3 or 4 carts out at each store just sitting next to the luggage display with new stuff.

I'm sort of in the market for something in between the two I have, but nothing spoke to me.

I desperately need a rolling laptop bag with 360 wheels. I realized on my last trip that not having the 360 wheels is a pain, especially on the tiny planes.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor
I just did it.

I just sent in my deposit for my January 2021 trip. A trip I’ve been thinking about since 2012, ever since I learned that people could actually do this.

Gorilla trekking in Rwanda. Will see chimps and other (unusual) monkeys too. Plus a couple days in their reinvigorated Akagera National Park, where the Big Five have been recently reintroduced after near ruin. This is their short dry season, so will see whatever I see. Doesn’t really matter, because I’ll be back in Africa and will get within few feet of wild mountain gorillas! 🦍

If anything can get me into shape, this will!! Already started exercising more because I really need to. 😊
Honored Contributor

That sounds like an exciting trip.

I can't wait to see pictures.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

@VaBelle35 @I know it’s a long way away, but I have a LOT of work ahead of me to get in shape.  I didn’t really need to book so far ahead, but, in addition to being obsessed with going for so long, I’ve also been fixated on staying at one particular lodge and I didn’t want to risk hearing they were already booked. I am very excited though and even just ordered the book “Gorillas in the Mist”. [And, frankly, it helps me knowing the cost for 2020 trip budgeting.]