Esteemed Contributor

Re: TODAY I TRAVELED FROM MY KITCHEN TO THE BACK YARD

@Zhills wrote:

I understood, only too well. 

Mine was raked this weekend, looked nice!

Oh my tell me about it.  I filled 6 lawn and leaf bags.  I wish it would rain.  Hope you are feeling well!   You are in my thoughts and prayers!

Honored Contributor

@BalletBabe  Where are you?  I have a weed barrier and several inches of gravel in my yard.  I don't own a single blade of grass.  Solves a lot of problems.  We New Mexicans know how to manage a drought. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@BalletBabe  Where are you?  I have a weed barrier and several inches of gravel in my yard.  I don't own a single blade of grass.  Solves a lot of problems.  We New Mexicans know how to manage a drought. 

I am in Florida.   We have a lot of fires going on and the Governor declared us in a state of emergency.  Said it hasn't been this bad since 2011.   Weather has been beautiful but we just need rain so bad.   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BalletBabe LOL!!!! I had no idea when I told you to report back that you would after the intial findings you mentioned on your first back yard to front yard trip! Smiley LOL

Love it! You put a smile on my face, which I needed today! Thanks. Heart 

Please continue with the updates on your adventures. Can't wait for your next gem. Smiley Very Happy

Valued Contributor

Round trip or are you still in the yard?

Valued Contributor

@BalletBabe 

Travel around your own yard can indeed be a great adventure!  My backyard is woodsy.

I have been on hummingbird watch and have three feeders up. The hummers are BACK!  

I am in SW GA about an hour North of  Tallahassee, FLA.  

Rick Steves has a PBS radio show on Sunday afternoons, I like to listen to his programs. 

Keep Calm and Travel On,  CAT 

Esteemed Contributor

@Jasmine19 wrote:

Round trip   LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jasmine19 wrote:

@Jasmine19 Now THAT's funny! Smiley LOL

I am loving this at-home trip as much as the posts about other countries!

Trusted Contributor

We are all very relieved to hear that you have not gotten lost or stranded, and we hope your visa is in good order so you will be able to return safely. I personally understand how challenging this particular trip can be, particularly the first step beyond the back door threshhold. One feels one must go prepared with a variety of tools and implements, but the stress of undertaking the journey deters all but the stoutest hearts. We wish you safe travelsand god speed.

Honored Contributor

@KaySD wrote:

We are all very relieved to hear that you have not gotten lost or stranded, and we hope your visa is in good order so you will be able to return safely. I personally understand how challenging this particular trip can be, particularly the first step beyond the back door threshhold. One feels one must go prepared with a variety of tools and implements, but the stress of undertaking the journey deters all but the stoutest hearts. We wish you safe travelsand god speed.

@KaySD Smiley LOL This thread just keeps getting better and better! What a hilarious response!