Respected Contributor

Suspension of Rewards Programs

I just read that many airlines and hotels are suspending their rewards/loyalty programs for free flights or rooms (including airline and hotel gift cards)

Apparently, you can redeem for merchandise. I guess when they restart, they need paying customers. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Suspension of Rewards Programs

Here's the article with the details:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/travel/some-airlines-and-hotels-suspend-redemption-options-... 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

not surprising 

Honored Contributor

At this point I think we'll be fortunate if most of the airlines and hotels and restaurants manage to come back so that we can resume most of the life we've been living.

I just can't complain that my rewards are suspended when their employees are losing total income and/or any sense their future is assured.  I can't be a first responder in any needed capacity, so for me maybe this is a small way I contribute.

Respected Contributor

The information is important in that if you are rescheduling a trip.

My family had planned a Disney World Trip in early June. They were considering changing to fall travel but if they cannot rebook 7 travelers with SW airline points, they are thinking just postpone until next year. 

Of course we are all rooting for all businesses to recover financially.