Esteemed Contributor

Sunshine Skyway Bridge, Florida...Cash Tolls or Electronic?

[ Edited ]

Can you still pay cash here or has it gone electronic? Can't seem to find any info more current than a year ago. TIA?  LM

Honored Contributor

Re: Sunshine Skyway Bridge, Florida...Cash Tolls or Electronic?

I found a map and it indicated Sun Pass or Cash, I am not sure how old the map is but it was all I could fine

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

You can still pay cash. I've gone over it several times in the last few weeks to get to Lightning games. It's $1.25 each way. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Esteemed Contributor

@FrostyBabe1@I am still oxox Thanks so much.  I appreciate the info.  I am trying to decide whether to buy a transponder or not.  It seems most of the toll roads are going electronic.  LM

Honored Contributor

I am familar with the bridge we have stayed in Tampa and Sarasota and gone back and forth to Anna Maria Island for dinner, ahh still one of my most favorite places on earth

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

I am familar with the bridge we have stayed in Tampa and Sarasota and gone back and forth to Anna Maria Island for dinner, ahh still one of my most favorite places on earth

You probably wouldn't want to be out on the island right now. There's waaaaaayyyyy too many people here. I did sit on my balcony and see a manatee swimming in the Gulf this morning, but it's terribly overcrowded. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Esteemed Contributor

@FrostyBabe1, does e-z pass work in Florida?  LM

Respected Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

@FrostyBabe1, does e-z pass work in Florida?  LM

I don't know. I've never used it. 

Super Contributor

@FrostyBabe1 I use the e-z pass here in Florida, it also works in the area with the sunpass...at least in Central Florida....makes traveling much so much easier.

Super Contributor

@Lilysmom You can use either, the electronic or cash. If you are going to use cash make sure to carry change...some of the tolls are not manned..those are the ones costing a quarter to fifty cents..Hope that helps.