Honored Contributor

Re: Stay Healthy on Your Next Flight

@World Traveler wrote:

@itsmagic I haven't seen TSA patting anyone down in a long time. That's not to say they don't, but usually what I see is if there is a beep when someone goes thru the scanner, then they will take a "wand" and use that to scan closer to the body. But physically putting their hands on you, that I have not seen in many, many years.

Also, if for radiation purposes you don't want to go thru their big scanner, you can just have the wand used on you. One time a pilot was in front of me and he turned around and told me that he doesn't go thru the big scanner. "There's enough other things in this world that give you radiation that you don't even realize; you don't need add to that."

So, if I have time I bypass the large scanner and have them use the wand. They have never questioned me on that.

@World Traveler  They patted this little gray-haired grandmother (me) down on my last trip coming and going.  She asked if I want to go to a private area.  I told her, heck no, just get on with it. 

Like thousands of others I have an artificial knee. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@World Traveler wrote:

@itsmagic I haven't seen TSA patting anyone down in a long time. That's not to say they don't, but usually what I see is if there is a beep when someone goes thru the scanner, then they will take a "wand" and use that to scan closer to the body. But physically putting their hands on you, that I have not seen in many, many years.

Also, if for radiation purposes you don't want to go thru their big scanner, you can just have the wand used on you. One time a pilot was in front of me and he turned around and told me that he doesn't go thru the big scanner. "There's enough other things in this world that give you radiation that you don't even realize; you don't need add to that."

So, if I have time I bypass the large scanner and have them use the wand. They have never questioned me on that.

@World Traveler  They patted this little gray-haired grandmother (me) down on my last trip coming and going.  She asked if I want to go to a private area.  I told her, heck no, just get on with it. 

Like thousands of others I have an artificial knee. 

@Kachina624 You're funny! LOL!!!

Was it in the United States or some other country?

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler  It was in Albuquerque and Philadelphia. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

@Kachina624 

next thing we will hear is that the airport scanners cause illness and cancer...  

Do we need to start wearing XRAY/RAD  counters?   

I would if I was a frequent traveler.  

and another thing,  I need to put a  master  LISTS together.  *CAR*   *PLANE*  trips.

my last car trip (DH driving)  we took off without  *MY PILLOW/Travel Pillow*  DARN! 

Keep Calm and Travel On, 

CAT

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I never go through the full body (not sure what they're called?) scanners, and ALWAYS get patted down.  Grrr 🙄😡

And over 90% of the time TSA has gone through my checked luggage.  Double Grrr.  I guessed I ****** TSA off at some point.  

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@BExplorer wrote:

I never go through the full body (not sure what they're called?) scanners, and ALWAYS get patted down.  Grrr 🙄😡

And over 90% of the time TSA has gone through my checked luggage.  Double Grrr.  I guessed I ****** TSA off at some point.  

@BExplorer LOL!!! Kind of think you must have! Smiley LOL

It's been a while since I have found a TSA card in my checked luggage, letting me know they went thru it. I used to leave little humorous notes for them, years ago. Maybe the word has gotten around and they don't want to read my remarks anymore. Smiley Wink

Trusted Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@BExplorer wrote:

@BExplorer LOL!!! Kind of think you must have! Smiley LOL

It's been a while since I have found a TSA card in my checked luggage, letting me know they went thru it. I used to leave little humorous notes for them, years ago. Maybe the word has gotten around and they don't want to read my remarks anymore. Smiley Wink

@World Traveler

I love your idea about leaving notes! Maybe I will borrow that next time I fly.  😄

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt