Respected Contributor

Has anyone been here?  Looking for hotel recommendation(s).  When researching hotels, it seems most are right by an airport which I feel will get noisy.  The one ocean front hotel (King and Prince) is pricey and we don't want a B&B.  Any insight, recommendations would be helpful and appreciated.  Thank you.

Honored Contributor

I've never been there but what about going through VRBO or something along those lines to rent a house?

Honored Contributor

@ScrapHappy 

St. Simons Island, GA | History, Attractions, Restaurants (goldenisles.com)

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I've never been there but what about going through VRBO or something along those lines to rent a house?

Thought about that but husband does not want to do something like that.

Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@ScrapHappy 

St. Simons Island, GA | History, Attractions, Restaurants (goldenisles.com)

I think I was at this site, but I'll check again.  Thanks.

Esteemed Contributor

Been to SSI twice - once for a month after first retirement. VRBO for us. If you can, stay on SSI island. Take the trolly tour first thing because there's lots of history on the island, including a fort. We enjoyed bicycle riding all over the island AND rented again on nearby Jekyll Island. It has an interesting historic district and public beach. We also took day trips south to Amelia Island/Fernandino downtown area, day trip north to Savannah and day trip south to St. Augustine. I like the SSI pier area and the beach is okay. 

Staying there for a month, the place grew on me. I hope to return. Enjoy! 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau