Honored Contributor

So near, and yet SO FAR.........?

I'm not overly frantic about lightning fast delivery from any  online shipping services, but I did come across something that gave me the giggles this morning.

Apparently, a recent QVC purchase took a vacation on its way to delivery to my house.

I'm just assuming it was a vacation; I guess it could have been a business trip.

My parcel was delivered through the usual post offices, at one point visiting Kentucky, then finally coming to my area to a post office about 15 minutes from here. 
I'm assuming my sweater liked Kentucky so much that it returned for a second visit, and is now once again at the local post office that was its previous arrival stop on October 30 (5-6 days ago).

I'm part of the group that considers QVC shipping costs to be too high already. Now my purchases are arriving in the area in a timely manner, only to be taken on another tour of the same terrain for a second go-round before they actually arrive.

This sweater has now traveled much farther than I have for years. 
Cute sweater, and I'm looking forward to receiving it, but now I'm hoping it hasn't been wearied by all the travel, return to Eastern Standard time, and wondering why it's been subjected to repeat visits.

It should arrive today, unless it winds up being assigned a third tour.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: So near, and yet SO FAR.........?

Now all you need are traveling pants and your set! 🤣🤣🤣🤣 

Respected Contributor

Ha!  I think your sweater is going to need a rest after all that traveling. 😁

Esteemed Contributor

Fingers crossed your sweater picked up some good bourbon for you on one of its Kentucky trips!
Honored Contributor

The same thing happened to two different orders of mine.  The item arrived right in my hometown's local post office in SE PA....but wasn't delivered to me.  Instead it took a trip to Newark, NJ then to Philadelphia before coming back to my local post office...

Honored Contributor

@Alter Ego wrote:
Fingers crossed your sweater picked up some good bourbon for you on one of its Kentucky trips!

For THAT I give permission and enthusiastic encouragement!

Honored Contributor

I sent a tube by Fedex from VA to CA and the stories that tube could tell as it traveled to TX and back to VA and then to FL and back to VA and then to CA and then came back to me on it's final stop.  It looked like it had been stepped on, driven over, bent in half, and left out in the rain.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN