Respected Contributor

Re: Snow Birds - Winter Quarters

We have Thanksgiving plans for AZ and plan on flying, I will drive there in January and stay until February. Bought the house last May and plan to use it, AND leave MN snow behind.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Super Contributor

@Jacie well no offense to you but I live in Phoenix AZ and I really wish all the snowbirds would stay the heck away till this virus gets under control- our numbers started going up again when some schools started and when the snowbirds started coming into town and it is not getting any better, so when you get here please quarantine yourself for 14 days for the rest of us- our traffic gets worse when you all come also and as for restaurants well forget that, most of them are not open and if they are I would eat outside- just don't understand why people just don't stay put this year snow or no snow and that includes the people that winter in Florida, that state is in really bad shape- this is just not the year to be traveling or for gatherings with family and friends- I had COVID and I don't want it again oh and I am an RN so I speak the truth as I know first hand what is going on

Esteemed Contributor

DH and I live in AZ White Mountains and will be in Phoenix for Dr. Appointment for several days Thanksgiving week.  We will only be eating takeout because of Covid; after being very careful since March, now is not the time to mess it up!

Esteemed Contributor

@arizona babe - I'm with you on that point. SC had really low numbers until the visitors started coming. Just had yet another bike rally and guess what - no masks or social distancing. This weekend there are 3 pretty big events going on so I'm guessing our numbers will be on the rise again.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@arizona babe Sorry you feel that way, and FYI anytime someone starts a sentence with "no offense BUT" it means that's exactly what you intend to do. 

I've driven back and forth any number of times since May. Wearing a mask, washing hands and sanitizing constantly. Have been healthy and don't know anyone who's been sick. Until there is a vaccine we all risk getting sick.I am living my life and taking precautions. Haven't eaten out, nor socialized at all.

AND if you recall AZ was late on the wagon to shut things down, I am still headed there.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield