Honored Contributor

Re: Small gift for the flight crew?

My initial thought was "bad idea" but the Starbucks cards are fantastic.

Honored Contributor

The more I look at this issue again, I think the only real gift to give in this contentious day and age is get on and off as quickly as possible without any extra to do; be as quiet and undemanding passenger as you can, and leave it at that.  That is a real gift to any flight crew.  

I am sure especially now they are busy focusing on and monitoring all the passengers for any signs of trouble or distress.  Be quite and let them do their jobs.  I feel for them and what they might have to deal with in the sky sometimes.  It might help defuse a tense situation during the flight to not distact them.  

Respected Contributor

I think that giving a gift to the flight crew is unnecessary and inappropriate.  They are professionals and if they want a snack or candy they probably bring their own. I know that it is better to give than receive but in this case being respectful and expressing thanks at the end of the flight should be the best gift. 

Regular Contributor

I have never seen or heard of a passenger giving a gift to a flight crew.  We pay plenty for our plane tickets.  The crew is paid for the job they do.