Super Contributor

Small gift for the flight crew?

Flight crews have had to put up with so much in the last several months.  Have any of you given the flight crew a little gift when boarding?  A sweet snack perhaps?

I am flying next month and am thinking a little something would help brighten their day. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Small gift for the flight crew?

@Calgal2too    Although it's a kind gesture, I'm not sure it would be appropriate as flight crews are not allowed to accept gratuities, which might include your treats. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Calgal2too  I don't think it's appropriate. They aren't allowed to accept gratuities and I doubt anyone does this. Never heard of this. 

Honored Contributor

Maybe a few Pom Pom blankets or Dyson stick vacs. 
seriously, You could always give them a holiday card and say thanks for all you do and best wishes for the season. That's nice of you to think of them, I can't imagine how much crud they have to put up with. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Calgal2too,

That is a nice thought.

And we were wrong in saying they can't accept gifts so I'm editing my previous thoughts that they can't.

Most airlines (but I would call to make sure) let their flight attendents accept small sealed gifts but not money.

Now getting any gift through security you still can't have more than a quart bag of liquids and this usually includes lotion (one I got for my mother I had to throw out). So be aware of that.

I like to greet them as they always do the passengers and I thank them when leaving the plane. I think they do appreciate thanks and acknowledgement.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Regular Contributor

NO.  Not appropriate, and they have snacks.  

Frequent Contributor

Hi!

No one ever gets too many compliments.

Tell them they're during a good job..along he way

And to really surprise them..

At the end of the flight...start clapping and the rest of the passengers may join in.

If you're so inclined.😉

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

It has become more common to gift  flight attendants as long as it is sealed.  Think a box of candy for the crew, hand lotion, Starbucks gift cards.  My friend gifted a box of Godiva chocolates for the crew.  It is not against the rules and there are many gift suggestion when I googled.  

Honored Contributor

Just do as they say and don't cause trouble.  That will be gift enough.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Never when I board but when I exit I always give my magazines or newspapers. If I finish a book I give it too. They always seemed very happy to recieve. This is very nice of you to think of them. 🙏❤️