Honored Contributor

If you have Vionic thongs, I wouldn't think of doing sightseeing in them, especially on cobblestone or brick streets.  They have no support for the foot.  I'd take an attractive but more substantial shoe like the Merrell shoe someone posted. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

I love Bzees shoes.Check their website.I got mine from HSN.Sometimes their sizes are not consistent,but they are the best I ever had.I am an Italian immigrant and I go back all summer every year to visit family.

If you need you can get excellent shoes there,just make sure they are made in Italy.

Be careful with your purse though.There are millions of illegal aliens around and some are homeless.

In the summer it will be very hot and humid.

Super Contributor

Italy, like many Europeans countries often have uneven surfaces to walk like cobblestone, hills, etc. and, you will be walking a lot making sure you do not miss a thing.  During my US and European travels, I bring a pair of Sketcher sandals and a sturdy pair of heavy soled Mary Janes's from Clark's.  I recommend at least one pair of your shoes be something that has a closed toe and is very supportive around your foot.  If you bring both types of shoes you will be prepared for what the day brings.  There is nothing worse than tired feet on vacation.  Enjoy your trip.  Italy will not disappoint. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Shoes for Italy

[ Edited ]

@pinkmochi I used Vionic sandals for six weeks while in Europe last summer. Very, very comfortable. I had just gotten them, so I was risking that I would like them that much. But they were wonderful. Had along a pair of tennis shoes too, but only needed those occasionally. I walked on all kinds of ground (cobblestone, city streets, beaches, etc.). Never a problem.

I have since purchased a pair of Vionics as tennis shoes. I have been trying them out before I take them with me this summer for another long trip. I am giving them a thumbs up so far, and believe those will be my only two pairs of shoes I take.

And I got the recent TSV Vionics sandal, which has a little bit of a heel. I love them, but prefer to take on the trip the sandal that doesn't have as much of a heel. I wear the others at work.

I love the support of the Vionics and it is a toss-up for me whether to wear my Vionics or the Burkenstocks here at home. My feet love both brands. 

Not only enjoy your trip, but I hope you will post on this forum while you are there and let us know what you are doing. Always interesting to read people's activities while in another state or country, and we would like to know how your feet are doing! Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

I've been to Italy many times in the summer.  A few times were tours so there was quite a bit of rapid walking involved.  I've always worn sandals.  There are numerous comfort brands.  The only time I had trouble was years ago when I wore a pair of Birkenstocks.  I ended up with a huge blister in the middle of the ball of my foot.  I thought I was going to die, the pain was so bad from that da_ _ blisters.

Have a wonderful trip.  Italy is my favorite country.