Honored Contributor

Several of my "snowbird" friends flew home this week - NO Problems

Of course, airports are still "slow" since few are traveling.

, my friends flew home to Iowa.  They said it was pleasant, they need assistance and got it, only about 70 on plane.  They wore masks and when they got on were given hand sanitizer wipes (and mask if needed it).

Only 10 people boarded at a time.  The attendant wiped the seats before they sat.

They flew United and had change of planes.  They had team waiting.

All in all a good experience.

My family flew home to NJ (they're antsy to get home - why?)

Airport not busy, people were friendly only 10 people boarded at a time - regional airport so you walk out on tarmac to board plane. 

Gave everyone a travel packet of sanitizer wipes, gloves, masks.

No one sat in middle seat.  Plane only had about 45-50.

Guess, I'll be booking my flight home with the next week.  

Trusted Contributor

Re: Several of my "snowbird" friends flew home this week - NO Problems

Flew home from where?

Trusted Contributor

@RealtyGal2 wrote:

Flew home from where?

"Snowbird" usually refers to people who go to Florida for the winter. I'd guess this is a post of a person who stayed in Florida to be safe and not travel and is noting that friends in similar circumstances are now flying from Florida to their other locations and feeling safe about their travel experiences. 

Esteemed Contributor

Yesterday afternoon outside talking over the fence to a neighbor we saw a plane fly over us pretty low with the landing gears down. That was the first one I've seen in quite some time. It might have been flying into Tweed New Haven Airport but I don't think that airport accomodates such large planes landing there and it seemed low to be heading into a New York airport......but what do I know except I've been spending quite a bit of time outside the past weeks and was surprised to finally see a large plane flying over so low. Most I would normally see are low enough and headed in the direction that they are probably landing at Bradley outside of Hartford. 

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1I heard yesterday that this may be the very best time to fly while some planes are flying only partially full.

There was a report that one airline (maybe United?) was going to be flying as full as there was demand but they'd try to warn passengers when a flight was more than 70% booked and allow re-booking for anyone who didn't want to be on such a full flight.

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

Of course, airports are still "slow" since few are traveling.

, my friends flew home to Iowa.  They said it was pleasant, they need assistance and got it, only about 70 on plane.  They wore masks and when they got on were given hand sanitizer wipes (and mask if needed it).

Only 10 people boarded at a time.  The attendant wiped the seats before they sat.

They flew United and had change of planes.  They had team waiting.

All in all a good experience.

My family flew home to NJ (they're antsy to get home - why?)

Airport not busy, people were friendly only 10 people boarded at a time - regional airport so you walk out on tarmac to board plane. 

Gave everyone a travel packet of sanitizer wipes, gloves, masks.

No one sat in middle seat.  Plane only had about 45-50.

Guess, I'll be booking my flight home with the next week.  

@homedecor1   Well this is good to know.  However what I have been seeing recently on the news is packed planes with middle seats filled.  I don't know what to believe and I would like to go down to Fl to visit and return up to Philadelphia.

Good luck on your fight home.

Honored Contributor

@RealtyGal2 

Fl (sarasota) to Pa, Iowa, Kentucky and NJ.

A few friends left this morning -- most are returning home now.  Mainly because planes & airports are still not crowded. They are in the "at risk" area all of them are over 80+.

A few drove home today.  Not sure how that experience will be.

Honored Contributor

@haddon9 

Those media reports always portray the worse IMO. 

There was a announcement according to friend -- if you felt uncomfortable with too many people they offered you to take the next flight.

Personally, I don't think to many are running back to PA, NJ or NY so planes probably aren't full.