Super Contributor

Sarasota/Siesta key/longboat key

I'm planning to be in that area next week. Can anyone recommend a nice hotel to stay at? I'm looking at the Hyatt regency Sarasota or the holiday inn Sarasota on lido beach. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thank u!
Honored Contributor

Re: Sarasota/Siesta key/longboat key

We stayed at Hyatt Place, lovely hotel with a great breakfast included, right near the airport and across from Ringling Museum, which I recommend going to.

Also recommend Crab and Fin restaurant on St Armands Circle.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The Ritz Carlton is absolutely beautiful, but it's also expensive. The Holiday Inn would probably be fine if you're just looking for basic accomodations, but I'd check recent reviews on Trip Advisor first. It all depends on your budget and how you want to spend your time. When I'm at the beach, I'm outside, so a luxury hotel probably wouldn't make a difference for me.

St. Armands Circle is fantastic for people watching, shopping and dining. I could easily spend all day in a couple of the jewelry stores. If you get a chance, head north on Gulf Drive for a day trip to Anna Maria Island. It's only about 20 miles, but it might take an hour if the traffic is bad. That's where my beach place is, and it's a completely different vibe from Sarasota. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Esteemed Contributor

It has been quite a while since I have been to Siesta Key, but the beach is beautiful.  You might want to go to the Sunday night Drum Circle, which we really enjoyed.  Also, we had a great breakfast at The Blue Dolphin at St. Armands Circle.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!