Super Contributor

I would love to go to Sanibel Island. Has any one been there? If so, could you please suggest places to stay and sights. Thanks.

Honored Contributor

Oh, I LOVE Sanibel Island, it was my honeymoon spot!

I believe we stayed in the Sanibel Inn, right on the beach and it was awesome.

But that was 26 years ago, so I would have no current info to offer, unfortunately.

I will say that nearby Captiva Island is worth visiting too!

Take something to carry all of the gorgeous seashells in that you'll collect as you're walking on the beaches!

26 years later, I still have mine displayed in baskets in my island home.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

I've been to a lot of places in Florida (parents moved there in 1993) but never made it to Sanibel Island.  I think it's a 2 1/2 hour trip from where my mom lives.

I hope to go someday...have a great time!

Esteemed Contributor

I have not been, but I have family in Naples who say while a fun spot (family friendly) traffic can be a real nightmare.

Esteemed Contributor

@fingerlakesny  We have been going to Sanibel for years. Our friends have a one week time share, and we split the cost. We LOVE it!! It is a condo at Sanibel Beach Club II. It faces the gulf and has a lovely pool. You can usually rent if you don't want to buy a time share. Highly recommend!

Esteemed Contributor

@fingerlakesny To add some extra information: Sanibel has virtually zero nightlife. This is the perfect place for unwinding. People go there to relax and enjoy long walks along the beach, perfecting the "Sanibel Stoop" while looking for pretty shells. There is also a large nature preserve called Ding Darling. Our condo has bicycles to use for free, and the drivers on Sanibel are quite used to cyclists. 

Valued Contributor

West Wind Island  Inn on Sanibel Island is where we stay.  Has there own beach, quiet, rent bikes, has there on restaurant. Pool and bar...always have wonderful days for three to four days.  Address...3345 W Gulf Dr.   33957   800-824-0476

We have stay twice in the last 6 months.  Check on line and Good Luck.  Also, the best sunsets around.

Respected Contributor

@tampalady wrote:

West Wind Island  Inn on Sanibel Island is where we stay.  Has there own beach, quiet, rent bikes, has there on restaurant. Pool and bar...always have wonderful days for three to four days.  Address...3345 W Gulf Dr.   33957   800-824-0476

We have stay twice in the last 6 months.  Check on line and Good Luck.  Also, the best sunsets around.

Sounds wonderful!

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is off the topic of the thread.

Respected Contributor

We used to go to Sanibel and Captiva all the time when we visited my mom.  She lived in Cape Coral.  Captiva had the better beach, I thought.  But, this was many years ago.  We never stayed on the island but all the places seemed very nice.  I am a cold weather person so I would say this is the only place I would move to if I were to move to a hot climate.  I hope you enjoy.