Respected Contributor

Yesterday TS from HSN.  Very nice set but 22" in. is too large for many international carriers....THey accept 21".  Otherwise very nice!   Wish all airlines would just be the same!!!!!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Samantha Brown luggage.

[ Edited ]

Agree....going through the luggage dilema for an upcoming international trip.  It is not only size but weight/inches also and some include the personal item in the weight category with the carryon.  I am avoiding checking in luggage.  Eventually hoping that there will be a standard world wide for all airlines.  Saw that HSN luggage....very cute, but I had the same concern.

Honored Contributor

maybe that's why TJ Maxx sell so much luggage, standards are always changing 

Respected Contributor

I know a handful of people who have purchased luggage from this line, and they have all been very disappointed. None of the bags survived their first experience being checked. One person had a handle fall off as she was carrying it to her car for it's first trip. I wouldn't waste my money on it. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Super Contributor

@FrostyBabe1 

I have several sets of Samantha Brown luggage and carried on and checked them and never had any damage to any of them.

I travel  international four times a year, and never had any problems with them. 

Samantha Brown’s luggage is all I own.

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd 

Have a great trip!

Would enjoy traveling vicariously with you, but no pressure to share if it doesn’t suit.  😃

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

Can't speak as to international travel but the SB hardside spinner luggage. satchel set, 26" and 30" all performed well as carry on and checked.  Safely transported fragile items in the checked in pieces as well as being comfortable to roll through airports and streets.  Only good things to report.

Respected Contributor

@Reilley wrote:

@FrostyBabe1 

I have several sets of Samantha Brown luggage and carried on and checked them and never had any damage to any of them.

I travel  international four times a year, and never had any problems with them. 

Samantha Brown’s luggage is all I own.

Several sets? Why? How much luggage does one need? I have a 26" bag that I check, a 21" rollerboard, and a business backpack. All are from the CrewPro line from Travel Pro. I've had them for many years and have traveled all over the world with them for extended periods of time, with the only issue being that the 21" bag had to be replaced a few years ago when a baggage tug ran over it when it had to be gate checked. What do you do with several sets? 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

Re: Samantha Brown luggage.

[ Edited ]

I own a SB 21" croco embossed bag and a doctor's bag set that I bought at least 5 years ago.  I've had no issues at all and it has been used as a carry-on and checked bag.  

I more recently purchased a larger Skyway hardside bag.  I've only used it once for a cruise and I checked it.  All good.  

My issue with SB is her TSs are the same over and over.    

Respected Contributor

I also own the Croco 26" & 21" in black/brown trim....no problems whatsoever and love them.  While checking the 26" bag the airline employee told me he owns it also and had zero issues with it.  Made me feel good as a few yrs ago when I got it that was my maiden voyage with her bags.  

I will need to pick up a hardside piece at some point...that's the only thing I really need.