Regular Contributor

Samantha Brown Today's Special luggage at HSN

I'll admit it.........I AM A LUGGAGE ADDICT.    I have an older set of SB soft sided luggage that has logged many miles around the world.  I really like the expandable under seater Today's Special, however, I feel an add a bag strap to go over the handle of a larger piece would be the perfect addition.  Because of this I hesitate to purchase since I have many, many pieces in my collection.  Samantha you were so close girl.

Super Contributor

Re: Samantha Brown Today's Special luggage at HSN

On an earlier show today, Samantha explained why she didn't do the strap to go over the handle.  She showed the bag on top of the 25 inch bag, and on top of the 21 inch bag,it was just too big to fit and be able to roll it.  Someone else asked why not roller wheels, and she said it would take 2 inches off the size of the bag, and she thought the skate wheels were better.

Honored Contributor

I've had great luck with Samantha's luggage.  She makes a good product.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Regular Contributor

@JesssMewrote:

On an earlier show today, Samantha explained why she didn't do the strap to go over the handle.  She showed the bag on top of the 25 inch bag, and on top of the 21 inch bag,it was just too big to fit and be able to roll it.  Someone else asked why not roller wheels, and she said it would take 2 inches off the size of the bag, and she thought the skate wheels were better.

I prefer the in line skate wheels as they work better over rough terrain.  I'll have to watch the show tonight to see if she talks about the strap again.  I still think having it to use when the bag isn't extended would make it more useful......at least for my purpose.

Valued Contributor

I bought a set of red luggage, a tote-21inch-25inch set, for $70 at a well known department store. My tote was thrown up on by an airsick passenger in the lady's room. My smaller carry on was checked when they annouced there was no room in the overhead (a lie, there was plenty of room) and dirtied in the cargo hold. My larger piece just used this past year first time was greased in the cargo hold AFTER I had paid $25 to check it. I feel spending lots of money on clothside luggage is a losing battle. I can't bring myself to spend alot even though I love the look of Samantha's pieces. I am hoping the large purse (not the doctors bag)  that was part of a set last year will be sold as a single piece. Many of us want that, and she knows it and told us to write HSN, which I did. Still, if I had travel plans this year, I would have gotten the royal blue daily special. So nice looking and spacious.

Esteemed Contributor

I just wrote this in another post.   You have to spend a  little more money if you want quality luggage.  Yes all kinds of things can happen to it, so to me that is why you need a piece that is going to hold up to the luggage handlers and the zipper stays intact through it's incredible journey!!  JMO  You get what you pay for.

Trusted Contributor

I bought a SB 28" bag last year and packed it for Italy. As I was carrying it downstairs from my room, one of the straps broke because it wasn't attached properly. Because it was 3 a.m., I didn't have time to repack in my TravelPro. I spent the whole trip with a broken handle, which was a pain when lifting it . I won't buy another one of her checked bags. I have a set with her doctor's bag and a 21" carry-on and haven't had any trouble with them. My only complaint is that they're a little heavy, but they look great, even after travel, and I received compliments from strangers. 

I'll bring a Lug duffel instead of the doctor's bag the next time I fly. I also brought a SB drop-bottom bag to Italy, but it wasn't very comfortable to carry since the strap wasn't padded. Her bags seem to be hit-or-miss for me, but I've been loving Lug lately. (That's a lot of alliteration! Woman Very Happy)

Honored Contributor

I too have her doctor's bag and 21" carry-on.  I love that set and I've not had any trouble with it.

Last year prior to a cruise I bought a LUG bag to put under the seat as my personal item.  I thought it would be lighter, had all the pockets, etc.  I hate that LUG bag.  I find all the pockets to be a major pain and because the bag is nylon, the strap kept sliding down off my shoulder. 

I'm going back to my SB doctor's bag when I go on vacay in a couple weeks.  DH and I are once again using 1 large suitcase for both of us.  The bag wasn't that expensive and so far it's held up well. The only problem is, it's black so it's a little bit of a pain trying to find it coming around the carousel.    

Honored Contributor

I purchased SB's TSV and it arrived yesterday.  I have it in brown, and the color is a deep, gorgeous brown.  This is my first SB purchase.  I'm not crazy about her name plate on it, but I knew that was there when I bought it.  I tried all the zippers and appreciate her decision on the wheels since I need all the room I can get.  I'm going on a 7-day cruise this summer and will only take carry-on luggage.  This, and my medium size backpack should do me nicely (I hope!). Smiley Happy