Honored Contributor

Re: Samantha Brown Luggage on HSN

@VaBelle35 wrote:

@World Traveler wrote:

@VaBelle35 

But I fly a LOT of puddle jumpers for work, some as small at 16 seaters.

I haven't heard that term in a long time. Brought a smile to my face. That's what I call those planes that have a single seat on one side of the aisle and two seats on the other side, and you have to look down while you walk since the top of the plane is not very high inside and your head touches it if you stand up straight. And I'm not tall!

And to balance the weight they make some of us move from the back to the front.

@VaBelle35 LOL!!!!! You're too funny! But I can easily relate, because that has also happened on a flight. Thank goodness, I wasn't the one they needed to move in order to allow the plane to take off!

Honored Contributor

I always have to move because in those tiny planes I like either the front row or the last row.  I either need to get off first or want to be near the bathroom, depending on the flight. 

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@gacat123 Because you have talked about the Samanthat Brown luggage for a long time on our Travel Chat thread, I thought I would watch the presentations. The luggage is very nice looking. It looks heavy to me though. I liked the dark red/burgandy and the navy blue. 

I'm like @VaBelle35, I don't need all my pieces to match any more, like I once thought was a must. I still use Rick Steves for my larger pieces, but as you know I am going to try Lori Greiner's Weekender as my carry-on on my six-week trip to Europe next month. It will be perfect on the cruise part of my trip, when space in the room is at a minimum and I can just wheel it and the many organization compartments she has included with it into the bathroom.

I'm finding that I wish I had stuck with a less noticeable Weekender than the leopard that you probably remember I was so adamant about getting. It looks to nice and turns people's heads. I really don't want to stand out with my luggage, which I feel the Samantha Brown line would do. I don't care to have anyone want to steal my stuff! ha!

Anyway, she has a nice looking line of luggage, but it is a little too rich looking for me to feel comfortable with traveling all over the world. 

Did you end up getting a piece of her line this time around?

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler

But if you get the hot pink luggage, the police can spot it easily if someone takes it ;o/

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

@World Traveler

But if you get the hot pink luggage, the police can spot it easily if someone takes it ;o/

@VaBelle35 So true! LOL!

Valued Contributor

@World Traveler

I do enjoy window shopping on QVC and HSN ! <G>

I looked but did not purchase SB items this go round.

That embossed croc style  IS heavy, over 8 pounds.

DH is now looking for a new carry on w spin wheels, we are in research mode. <G>

He was being silly and said the SB line is NOT his style. HA!

Keep Calm and Travel On,

CAT

Esteemed Contributor

I look at Lori Grenier's weekender every time I'm at a Q outlet! There are usually 'as is' listings here. The SB weekender I eventually bought is pretty similar in style and function. 

Valued Contributor

@gacat123 wrote:

@giddy up 

what carry on did you decide on? 

SB Packing Cubes have my attention. 

Keep Calm and Travel On, 

CAT

I got the SAM 21" Spinner and Messenger Bag 2-piece Set

539-748.....  It is a new item that she brought to the shows yesterday.  This set is more gender neutral looking than the set she was selling as the today special.  So maybe your husband would consider it then.  Plus it has a set of 4 double wheels to spin it around.  I don't think even the today special had double wheels on each end.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Her luggage is so cute.

I  enjoy Samantha Brown when she is on air.

Why are all her items on sale over there?

Valued Contributor

@giddy up 

I think I found the  SAM carry on and messenger bag  #8 5 3 9 7 7    on  HSN 

in  Black  Navy  Olive  colors. 4 double wheels.   

Which color did you order?  

I showed to DH,  he is looking for a more basic bag and does not need a messenger bag.  

This is a very nice set.  Thanks for posting about it.  Let us know what your think when the bags arrive.    <smile>

Keep Calm and Travel On,

CAT