Honored Contributor

Re: Samantha Brown Luggage on HSN

@gacat123  I had my expandable pocket expanded, etc. and it wouldn't fit the measuring cube. Made a right mess out of having to check it and all the stress that went with it : (

I want to use every inch of space so if it won't fit with carry-on fully expanded, it's not going to work with me.

At some point, the airlines are going to make things so small that ALL you'll be able to carry on is a small purse : (

Esteemed Contributor

I have 2 pieces of Samanthas- a rolling duffle and also a rolling weekender. I don't travel a lot, they've been sufficient for my needs and have held up well! The weekender came with a matching hanging thingie and a toiletry kit- by the time you used those items you'd fill the weekender! So I sold those accessories on ebay. 

Trusted Contributor

I own all pieces of the SB Claaisc and First Class luggage, plus a rolling Weekender bag, 2 different sets of her packing cubes and her Travel Survival Kit.  I have had the luggage approximately 5 years and have used it many times, though I believe it has been checked only 2 or 3 times.  It has held up well for me. SB clearly states the 21-inch doesn't meet carry on requirements when expanded.  

I have been very happy with all of my SB purchases.  I love the functionality of the pockets in the doctor's tote- very well thought out.  

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

I've had Samantha's turquoise luggage for quite a few years now.  It still looks like new.  I like mine so much, all the women in the family have also bought it.  As for the lining, I couldn't even tell you what it's like without looking. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@gacat123 wrote:

@SahmIam  

The TSV set  IS   the embossed style and the carry on is over 8lbs.  Hmmmm.... 

My Red Swiss bag is right at 21inches including the wheels and weighs 9.8lbs.  DH used it on a trip to DC recently and had no problems getting it on as a carry on bag. He did not have the expandable gusset expanded.  He also has a smaller computer/laptop wheeled tote that fits under the seat, easier on his shoulder than his computer bag and strap. 

The weight complaints I read are about the  *embossed*  luggage.  SB also has a lightweight luggage line I believe.  ??

I think for now I am sticking with my old Red Swiss Carry On. It works and is paid for.<G> 

Thanks for your input! 

Keep Calm and Travel On, 

CAT

9.8 pounds for a 21" carry-on? Empty? That seems very heavy to me. 

The bag I check is a 26" wheeled CrewPro bag from Travel Pro and it only weighs 9 lbs when empty. My 21" rollerboard, also a CrewPro bag, weighs just under 7 lbs empty. I love the CrewPro line! They're not fancy or cute looking, but that's not why I buy them. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Never mind....I read your post wrong. Smiley Tongue

Trusted Contributor

I have a red set; a rolling piece & duffel bag, for about 5 yrs. & it's served me well.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I watched the demonstrations.  I was impressed.  I didn't get the today special but one of the other lines that she has....the toned down 21" case with the second piece that nests on the handle.  I bought the black.  I think it is called the "Sam" line and is more gender neutral looking.  I also got a set of 3 travel cubes.  Make sure you use the coupon codes when you check out.  I got $25 discount on the luggage with one code and another $10 discount on the cubes with a different code.  I used two separate purchases to do this.

Valued Contributor

@FrostyBabe1 

Thanks for this information.  I will check out the CREW-PRO line.    <smile>

Keep Calm and Travel On, 

CAT

Valued Contributor

@giddy up 

curious where dd you find the discount coupons?   what carry on did you decide on? 

SB Packing Cubes have my attention. 

Keep Calm and Travel On, 

CAT