Valued Contributor

Samantha Brown Luggage on HSN

SB Luggage is over on HSN. TSV  One spin wheel  carry on and two totes that look quite similar and both stack on the carry on. The smaller tote could be used as a handbag.  

Cost around $169 , no shipping/handling.    

Opinions? Anyone have her luggage?  

I heard her  *embossed* luggage is heavy, her lightweight is light.   ??

European  airlines are putting weight restrictions on carry on so weight counts. 

I like the look but I prefer the high count denier fabric and durability.     

I have a very old Swiss bag in RED! that is still in travel mode so I am not buying today, just curious about the Samantha Brown line of luggage.  

Keep Calm and Travel On, 

CAT

Respected Contributor

Re: Samantha Brown Luggage on HSN

I have 2 sets of her luggage.  One is the turquoise and the other is red.  I also have the packing sets for each.  I love it.  It's easy to pack and very durable.  I feel the only thing that makes it heavy is the wheel construction, which I wouldn't do away with anyway.  I have tried to pack the way she suggests and it works great.  I don't travel a lot, but I have not had to go big yet.  I did not buy the TS because of the two I have are the same.  I recommend it highly.

Super Contributor

@gacat123 Got this set about 2 years ago, great set has held up well and many in the family have used different pieces for different trips, very versatile.

Honored Contributor

I'm watching this set and am debating: I bought a Swiss set 4 years ago and the last time I flew, the carry on was no longer meeting size standards due to the wheels (made it 1 inch too large).

I've noticed many of her items are on clearance (luggage) and I'm reading the same thing over and over again:

*too heavy/not meeting weight limit

*Too large for a carryon- had to check it.

*Ripped/wheels broke

I'm pulling my set out and measuring it compared to what she's selling today. The purse would never be used but the other two items....plus I'm loving the cubes.

Honored Contributor

I don't have her luggage but I do have a wallet on a string type bag that has a compartment to hold a cell phone. It was not overly expensive but seems to be very good quality. I carried it a couple years every day and it still looks like new.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I bought a set of it in Navy two years ago and returned it.  I didn't think it was heavy ( I don't think it was any heavier than most of luggage I've had over the years )  and I think it was nice looking, the reason I returned it is because of the lining.  I think the lining she uses is just plain ugly and cheap looking. I know a lot of people wouldn't care about the lining but for me if I don't like it forget it I would never be happy with it. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I purchased the navy "set" the last time she was on and offered it with the packing cubes, and added on the 25" suitcase.  I only used the carry on suitcase ONCE.  The luggage is heavy to begin with, although it looks very nice, I'm sorry to say that the corners were all cracked and or peeling after one trip to LV, and both flights were direct. The pieces do look nice, but...I'd stick with the lightweight denier fabric, very durable and takes a beating.  My last set was by Ricardo and I donated it after 20+ years (traveling a lot).  All the pieces were still in excellent condition.  I know, your thinking then "why" not keep using it?  I just wanted something new and different, plus it was the luggage used while still married, so a change was coming either way.😃

Valued Contributor

@SahmIam  

The TSV set  IS   the embossed style and the carry on is over 8lbs.  Hmmmm.... 

My Red Swiss bag is right at 21inches including the wheels and weighs 9.8lbs.  DH used it on a trip to DC recently and had no problems getting it on as a carry on bag. He did not have the expandable gusset expanded.  He also has a smaller computer/laptop wheeled tote that fits under the seat, easier on his shoulder than his computer bag and strap. 

The weight complaints I read are about the  *embossed*  luggage.  SB also has a lightweight luggage line I believe.  ??

I think for now I am sticking with my old Red Swiss Carry On. It works and is paid for.<G> 

Thanks for your input! 

Keep Calm and Travel On, 

CAT

Valued Contributor

@AKgirl2 

Thanks for your input! 

I have a very old  Recardo (sp?) makeup tote that belonged to my Mother. 

I inherited that RED! bag after she passed away. She loved the bag SO much and it is still in excellent condition.  It even matches my Swiss RED! carry on wheeled bag.   

The fact it belonged to my Mother makes it even more special. 

We both liked the color red, My Mother was even named  *CHERRY*   <smile> 

Keep Calm and Travel On, 

CAT

Respected Contributor

@gacat123 wrote:

@AKgirl2 

Thanks for your input! 

I have a very old  Recardo (sp?) makeup tote that belonged to my Mother. 

I inherited that RED! bag after she passed away. She loved the bag SO much and it is still in excellent condition.  It even matches my Swiss RED! carry on wheeled bag.   

The fact it belonged to my Mother makes it even more special. 

We both liked the color red, My Mother was even named  *CHERRY*   <smile> 

Keep Calm and Travel On, 

CAT

@gacat123 ~ Your welcome!  Your post about inheriting your mom's makeup tote is sweet, I'm sure when you look at it or use it, it brings warm and loving memories.  Many "happy trails" to you!