Contributor

My best friend and I are going on a girl's trip in Nov.  We saw an article on St. Francisville in Southern Living and it looks like a really neat small town with a lot of little shops and plantations to tour.  I was wondering if anyone has been there before and if so what did you think?

Super Contributor

It is a beautiful town.  When I was in 4th grade, our class visited the Evangeline monument.  I also know a couple people who moved there.  It is a historic, and  lovely quiet town.  I believe you will enjoy your visit.  You may want to visit their website to get more information.Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

I'm glad you posted - it sounds like a place I would like to visit and I have not heard about it. 

Contributor

I first saw an article about St. Francisville on Facebook.  When I googled it I found that it's a very small town - a little over 1700 people.  It has some quaint B & B's, different kind of little shops and eating places, and quite a few plantations and gardens to see.  I always like to find some place small and off the beaten path for a girl's getaway.  This looked like a great place.

Respected Contributor

Re: Saint Francisville, LA

[ Edited ]

@Munchkincat - If you like history, beautiful architecture, or ghost stories, you should check out The Myrtles Plantation, which is supposedly haunted.  You can even stay there.

Super Contributor

@itsmagic I guess one can call it one of Louisiana's hidden jewels.  Woman Happy