There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Re: Safe Travel @World Traveler!

bon Voyage.......Have a great trip!

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

@reiki604 @Bird mama @Lainie T Thank you! 

All I have left to do is relax and soak in the tub! ha! Actually, that really is what I try to do before I leave on long trips. Try not to be rushed the day of the trip. Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@JudyL Oh, how very nice of you to think of me! Thank you. Heart

I am almost all ready to go. Leave late afternoon tomorrow, 20th, and will spend the first five days in London. Imagine there are a lot of people staying away from there due to so many unfortunate events going on there. I feel so badly for those people. One thing after another for them.

Just saw that my Lug Ace is 30 miles from me. It is one of those "UPS by US mail" sort of shipments and is due tomorrow. Am hoping that I will see a notice today saying that UPS "will be in the area and we will deliver it for you instead of the post office," and I get it today. Otherwise, I will not have it in time to take with me. Smiley Sad

I plan to post regularly once I get acclimated. Since you are going to the same places in the fall, I will make sure to give you as many details/tips as possible. I'm looking forward to seeing Wales, and especially the Scotland Highlands. The cruise around the Baltic Sea should be very interesting. Didn't realize so many countries had their capitols sitting by the Sea, but makes sense. It's will be a great opportunity to visit seven of those countries.

Talked with my 98-year-old mother the other day. She is so thoughtful, but funny. She said, "Now if I die while you are gone, I don't want you to come home. You enjoy yourself. I won't know you aren't at the funeral." ha! She is a character! Smiley Happy

@World Traveler

I thought of you when I heard about the latest going on in London and Paris.  Please have a safe trip and come back with some wonderful stories to share.

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

@itiswhatitis Yes, it is so tragic for those people. So many things happening, one right after the other. How they are dealing with the continuing onslaught of terrible things going on is beyond me.

I appreciate your kind words and I will be alert at all times. Except for Israel, this will be the first time that I can recall going into a country aware of so much current tragedy as I enter its borders. They are being bombarded beyond measure. Smiley Sad

Trusted Contributor

@World Traveler

Have an awesome time! I am looking forward to your posts from your trip. ❤️

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

Thanks for mentioning it. Heart I will bring a sleeping mask. WHEW!!!! Can't believe I didn't think of it. THAT is definitely going on my travel list right now so I don't forget it again on future trips. 

@World Traveler

Image may contain: cat and text

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono

This picture made me laugh.  When I was married, my husband went on a business trip.  As he was packing, our two cats watched him intently and made it very obvious they did not want him to leave.  When he got to his destination he called me and asked "did you put a cat toy in my suitcase?!"  We both laughed when we realized one of the cats - the one who was particularly attached to him - snuck in one of her favorite cat toys into his suitcase under his jeans.  LOL

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono LOL!!!!! LOVE IT!!! May I please take them with me? Heart

Honored Contributor

@JudyL

@World Traveler

When I lived in Spain, I had cat hair on my clothing for months after arriving, despite not having any access to cats.  I suspect "someone" might have helped me pack when she learned that I would be gone for an entire year. Cat WinkHeart