Esteemed Contributor

Re: Safe Travel @World Traveler!

@World Traveler wrote:

@Alter Ego I don't know where you get all your cartoons/avatars, but they are always so cool and make me smile.

Thank you. Heart

Bitmoji app 

Respected Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@SANNA Thank you! 

The palace you are talking about, is that the one that sits by the water and on a clear day you can see Finland from Russia? It has multiple fountains and tier-stepped landscaping that goes out to the sea. Same one? I think it is a pale blue in color. Very ornate.

No, that one is called Petergoff,belonged to Peter the Great. Surely it will be part of the tour, always is.  Felix Yousupoffs is known to locals mostly and it is stunning. Google it.

Enjoy

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler

Your mom cracks me up!  I'd probably say the same thing to my daughter too.

Let me know what side trips you take on the England/Wales/Scotland trip.  Interested to know if they are worth it or not.  There's one I know I probably won't take but don't want to say which one yet until I hear what you have to say.

Sorry about your ACE bag.  Maybe you'll be lucky!

Judy

Trusted Contributor

Have fun @World Traveler! I look forward to your posts and "traveling" with you.

Your mother sounds like someone I wish I could talk to! Funny!

Respected Contributor

Have a wonderful time.

When we were in London last year we hoped to have dinner at Ye Olde Cheshire Cheese chop house rebuilt after the great London fire. Sadly we found the chop house closed. We ended up having dinner across the street at the Tipperary which survived the fire because it was stone.

Honored Contributor

@DukeBlueNan wrote:

@Have fun @World Traveler! I look forward to your posts and "traveling" with you.

Your mother sounds like someone I wish I could talk to! Funny!

@DukeBlueNan If you are old enough to remember who George Burns and Gracie Allen were, my mother is best described as Gracie. Smiley LOL She is a hoot! We never know what she is going to say. She used to embarrass my father (in a good way) with her Gracie Allen tidbits. 

There was an insurance lady who recently came to visit my mother about the long-term insurance that my father set up for her years ago. My sister was there to help answer the questions.

When the lady finished but was still sitting next to her, my mother turned to my sister and said: "Do you think she believed all that stuff I told her so she will give me the money?" My sister said the lady just cracked up laughing, and told her, "Yes, you qualify to have your care at this facility being paid for by the insurance company."

Of course, at 98 years of age, we had to laugh at the words "long term," because she just keeps going like the Energizer bunny! She will probably outlive my sister and I, and that insurance company has no idea how many more years they will probably be paying out for her! ha!

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler

Have a fun and safe trips.  You are going to some of my favorite places.

While cruising around the Baltic country it took me a bit of time to get use to the ever present daylight. (that was in late July for us)

I look forward to your travel log.

Honored Contributor

@lulu2 Oh, dear me! I forgot about that! I didn't sleep well in Iceland/Greenland because of the constant light outside. The darkest it got was still too light, like twilight.

Thanks for mentioning it. Heart I will bring a sleeping mask. WHEW!!!! Can't believe I didn't think of it. THAT is definitely going on my travel list right now so I don't forget it again on future trips. 

Contributor

Have a great time on your travels!!

Trusted Contributor

You have some good book material there @World Traveler! 

Yes, I do remember George and Gracie. ("Say goodnight, Gracie."!)

In fact, Antenna TV carries the reruns of Burns and Allen. Always good for a laugh.