Trusted Contributor

SO SO EXCITED...12 Night Transatlantic Eastbound

Hey Travel Sisters and Bros -

I am so EXCITED, I am quite THRILLED.....Guess what I just found on BJ's travel ---

A 12 Night Transatlantic Cruise for a quite reasonable price

Aboard: Norwegian Breakaway
Departing from: New York, New York

Departs: Sun, April 15, 2018
Returns: Fri, April 27, 2018

12 Night Transatlantic Eastbound
Day Ports of Call Arrival Departure
1New York, New York---4:00 p.m.
2At Sea------
3At Sea------
4At Sea------
5At Sea------
6At Sea------
7Ponta Delgada, Azores, Portugal8:00 a.m.5:00 p.m.
8At Sea------
9At Sea------
10Cobh (Cork), Ireland8:00 a.m.5:00 p.m.
11Portland (Weymouth), England, Uk10:00 a.m.7:00 p.m.
12Le Havre (Paris), France7:00 a.m.8:00 p.m.
13Southampton (London), England8:00 a.m.

---

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Trusted Contributor

Re: SO SO EXCITED...12 Night Transatlantic Eastbound

[ Edited ]

I am so THRILLED, mainly because we 1) would only have one flight back to the US instead of a flight going and coming.  Hubby is a big and  tall so we have to get 3 seats when we travel over 4 hours.  (Please no comments about size, weight, etc)  I do this for his comfort and also my own.

2) I have watched several transatlantic cruises and you float for like 6 days, while this one is only for 5 days.

3) THe SHIP, THE SHIP, it is the BREAKAWAY which is one of the largest ships so YEAH, I hope I can stand being on the ship for 5 days.

Most Important...THE PORTS OF CALL

YEAH, I am so excited!!!

Any comments about getting a hotel in England, best time for a flight back, where to go, etc. 

ALL COMMENTS welecome!!! yeah...yeah

Also if anyone else on the Q decides to GO, let me know so we can meet up on cruise critics webpage.

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

"I hope I can stand being on the ship for 5 days."

HUH?  The Norwegian Breakaway is a floating hotel/mall/gym/eatery.  What is there not to stand? I hope they have indoor pools since your trip is in April.

I'm jealous.

*mental note*

stowaway in op steamer trunk(s)

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I have never taken a transatlantic cruise, but I have looked into them a few times.  This looks like a nice relaxing vacation where you can just chill and take it easy.  This will be good to unwind.

Your ports of call look interesting.  You might have to hit the ground running if you want to explore, but that can be fun too.

Enjoy your cruise.  It looks like a fun, relaxing time. I am a tad jealous. 

Frequent Contributor

Have you every considered looking into special medical consideration for your seating arrangements? 

Honored Contributor

@Happiness Is Inside JOB How thrilling! I particularly like that you get to stop off in Cobh, Ireland. I really enjoyed that port last summer.

You might not be able to do much posting while out at sea due to wi-fi connections, but I hope you will post when you can during your trip and let us know what you are doing, any tips you want to give, and just generally let us know that you are having a great time! Smiley LOL

Valued Contributor

Sounds wonderful.  I saw a program on the Breakaway.....fabulous  Think it may have been on Might Ships

I have only cruised once, just last April, and we loved it but only had two separate days at sea.  I don't think I would enjoy days at sea strung together.  We are planning on the Disney Cruise to the Mediterranean cruise but flying to Spain so we won't be sailing long.  I would be terrified to sail across the Atlantic but for those who love cruises it must be fantastic. 

Esteemed Contributor

My Cruise Critic forum of choice is Royal Caribbean, so I don't know if this advice transfers to NCL or not...

Without doing this myself, I'm told that the cruise lines air program often can get better prices for one way flights. You may want to look into when the time to book flights.

The itinerary looks great!
Frequent Contributor

Let me know if I can help you with Ponta Delgado Azores. We know the island quite well as between it and Madeira Island we have spent the winters there.

Respected Contributor

It sounds wonderful.