Trusted Contributor

Thank you all for the great advice.  We will be booking a tour to the Vatican and plan on taking the HOHO to do a once around view before hopping off.  There is so much we want to see but do to my daughters high stress job in IT we could not swing another day. She can walk, no real mobility issues, it is a mom's concern that with her weight and the possible heat there I do not want her to have a heart attack.  She does have knee issues also.  I am such a worry wart .

Esteemed Contributor
How are you getting to the cruise terminal? I assume you are leaving from Civitavecchia (sp) and that is not very close to Rome. Are you using a transfer from the cruise company?
Respected Contributor

@Calcgirl whatever you use, if you get into a cab without a meter, be sure to agree on the cost of your expedition with the driver before you take off.

Esteemed Contributor

@Calcgirl :  Since it will be hot while you are in Rome, why not buy something like a Cool Dana (it goes around your neck of around your head and keeps you cool; you soak it in cool water before weaing).

Trusted Contributor

@Alter Ego wrote:
How are you getting to the cruise terminal? I assume you are leaving from Civitavecchia (sp) and that is not very close to Rome. Are you using a transfer from the cruise company?

Yes, we arranged through Princess transfers and hotels. since my son is a Captain with a major airline I booked the flights myself.

Honored Contributor

A private tour guide would be best and you should have your travel agent book it.  However, there's going to be a lot of walking and standing in lines.  Perhaps long lines.  You should take your daughter's physical challenges into consideration.