Respected Contributor

Has anyone ever used Road Scholar travel?  The trips sound nice because they are all inclusive.  For seniors over 55 I believe.

Honored Contributor

Have read lots of good things about the Rhodes Scholar tours. Have not been on one; however, I have met several people who really liked taking their tours. Have not heard any negative reviews on Rhodes' trips.

Respected Contributor

My neighbor at the shore has taken several of their trips out West.  Really enjoys them.  HTH

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Esteemed Contributor

I receive their information, but have never taken a tour. After reading about their schedules and various levels, if you enjoy traveling with groups this would be an ideal one to join! Interesting and extremely well planned. Reasonable. Tours for every physical level and all interests. Seems to be a wide variety of choices, prices, activity paces, etc. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

I just googled Road Scholar travel and it looks good. There is a lot under trip advisor. I'm going to read more about it.

Valued Contributor

My cousins have.  At least 5 trips and they are scheduled for another one.  They have done several to Spain.  Their last trip was a 3 week trip to India and they have another India trip scheduled.  They have been very happy with Road Scholar.  My husband and I always travel with Tauck and having done a trip with them to Russia and the Baltics -- we want to go back and do an indepth trip to St. Petersburg.  Road Scholar has exactly what we are looking for and we hope to take the trip in 2020.

Respected Contributor

Re: Road Scholar trips

[ Edited ]

A few years ago we booked a trip with them.  Our airfare was purchased separately.  About 2 months before the departure, the once confirmed departure trip was canceled leaving us with non refundable airline tickets.

We've taken many trips abroad and this was the only time we'd ever been stuck with useless tickets. 

Respected Contributor

I've taken 2 trips with Road Scholar. One to New Orleans and the other to Cuba. Each one was excellent. There were a couple of meals on one's own and free time given for personal exploration. The company was very receptive to issues that arose. 

We were in Havana on Jan 1 which is a national holiday in Cuba so some galleries and attractions were closed. The tour guide compensated us with rides in  old cars there and the company gave a $300 credit which I am using next year on a trip to the Grand Canyon. I highly recommmend them.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown