Respected Contributor

Re: Return to flying was great😊😊

@haddon9 

That is why I'm not ready to fly.  I'm not bothered by the actual flight, it's the packed, unvaccinated, unmasked, no social distancing, dirty seats, restrooms, terminals etc that I don't want to deal with.  So, I wait.

All the best to you Mother.

Trusted Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

Glad to hear that you had a positive experience!

For me it was just okay...I flew to see my mother last month.  The people who work TSA at Philadelphia International Airport tend to have an unpleasant attitude in general. 

In recent years I'm always pulled over for an extra body check and when I asked for a bit of help with getting the luggage tag on my bag correctly the woman gave me a hard time.  I'm thinking of applying for Pre-check to avoid some of these hassles.

Once at the gate I kept hearing announcements about social distancing and mask wearing however once we lined up to get on board there was no social distancing at all. We were all packed in as usual...not an empty seat.

The return flight was better.  I always find the TSA to be much more polite and helpful at the Florida airports.

I may  be flying back down this week.....my mother is in the ICU in the hospital and not doing well.

So sorry.  It's difficult under normal circumstances.  I hope & pray she makes a turn for the better soon. 

Trusted Contributor

We flew in late December.  Everyone was very respectful of each other and made no waves, on all legs of the trip.  It was quite peaceful.  

Respected Contributor

We flew a few weeks ago. No problems and the TSA pre check line went faster than usual. 
The plane was a lot cleaner since COVID. 

That being said, I have not enjoyed flying for the past five or six years. Too many people want to ignore common courtesy and rules and do whatever they want. 

The only time I look forward to flying is when I go first class. 

Respected Contributor

Just returned from a trip and had no problems....yes, lots of passengers, TSA doing a great job and "global entry" was a plus for us.

Esteemed Contributor

Dear Haddon,

I am not on frequently, but the title ..... RETURN to FLYING captured my interest.

My family has flown, and maintains flying for years. And I realise that today's flying is not the same as we knew once before.

I am very pleased that your trip through the clouds wasn't horrible as you indicated, Smiley Happy that you arrived safely.

May I send my disappointment reading that your sweet mother was in ICU; hopefully, now, either on the medical floor, or even much better to be at home with you and family.Heart

I know the stress of a loved one being in the hospital, especially an ICU unit.

".... Also noting the time when first posted, I am a little late to know of her condition being a Great Positive".

Sending you a hug and a sincere prayer for your 'MOM' and `FOR` you through this ~

5.24. '21 

@haddon9 

Honored Contributor

@NAES1 wrote:

Dear Haddon,

I am not on frequently, but the title ..... RETURN to FLYING captured my interest.

My family has flown, and maintains flying for years. And I realise that today's flying is not the same as we knew once before.

I am very pleased that your trip through the clouds wasn't horrible as you indicated, Smiley Happy that you arrived safely.

May I send my disappointment reading that your sweet mother was in ICU; hopefully, now, either on the medical floor, or even much better to be at home with you and family.Heart

I know the stress of a loved one being in the hospital, especially an ICU unit.

".... Also noting the time when first posted, I am a little late to know of her condition being a Great Positive".

Sending you a hug and a sincere prayer for your 'MOM' and `FOR` you through this ~

5.24. '21 

@haddon9 

@NAES1  Thank you   My mother passed away last week and so I had to suddenly travel by plane once again.  Yes flying even before the pandemic was no longer anything like it once was (before 9/11).  I find it to be very stressful most of the time so this time going to Florida I decided to go first class....still stressful but much less so.

Valued Contributor

Glad to hear things went to well! We will be flying to Houston on Thursday. It will be the first time we will see our son and his family since Christmas 2019!!!! We cannot wait to go and are hoping for a positive experience too!

Esteemed Contributor

With Sympathy ~ In remembering, we keep what is best as treasures forever. 

But her goodness, her caring, and her wisdom live on. May the memory of her love surround you now and bring you peace.

~ It is good that you are going away for awhile ~

I am truly sorry

that I did not know of her passing.

@haddon9 

Tuesday

May 25th, 2021

NAES

Honored Contributor

@NAES1 Thank you