Honored Contributor

Has anyone ever taken a cruise with this line?  We are considering one next year and would like any feedback.  TIA!

Valued Contributor

Re: Regent Seven Seas

[ Edited ]

We have not (we are not cruise people) but have friends who use them exclusively for their cruises.  These friends do only high end travel and have nothing but great things to say.  We have other friends who have used them once or twice with the same feedback.  Good choice!

Valued Contributor

We have taken several cruises on Regent. They are all inclusive, which is very nice in that everything is taken care of for you including drinks,specialty restaurants, internet, tips, shore excursions , airfare, etc. All the rooms have balconies except on the oldest ship, and the rooms are very spacious. We have enjoyed every cruise we have taken with them. Prepare to be pampered!

Honored Contributor

@cotto22  Curious to know how the airfare worked.  Did you have a choice of airlines, routes?  Were you able to pick your seats at the time of making the cruise reservation?  Currently, they are offering "free" business class.   Thanks for any further info!

Valued Contributor

I’ve taken four cruises on Regent.  The airfare was included.   I booked directly with Regent (no travel agent).

They book the air for you.   They choose the flights.  It is important to check your flights (you can call Regent) and if you don’t like your seat, change it with the airlines.  I learned this the hard way.  

Three of my cruises had business class air.    Besides the comfort on the plane, business/first class have separate lounge areas in airports.   I like this upgrade!  It is one of the reasons I choose Regent.

The all-inclusive liquor does factor into the cost of cruising with Regent.  If you and your cruising partner do not drink I would suggest also checking out Regent’s sister company Oceania.

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
Honored Contributor

@cotto22& @rrpell 

Thanks for your detailed info regarding RSS.  I was thinking of doing something special for my 70th "B" day next year.  Since I turned 1/2 century, I celebrate/party the whole month.

I've heard of RSS but never knew they were all inclusive!  This is right up my alley.  Me loves to be pampered & luxuriate .  Besides,  I wanted to "treat myself" extra special for my 70th.

I checked out their website & discovered there are several ships under the line.  Seems each goes somewhere specific.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Regent Seven Seas

[ Edited ]

@Mz iMac 

I use a website  vacationstogo to give me information about a ship. 

Valued Contributor

@Mz iMac 

When I first started cruising with Regent, I was impressed when I discovered they had “gentlemen”.  These were older, single men who travelled for free.  The “gentlemen” went everywhere a couple would go, making sure single women were comfortable in attending group settings.   They were good dancers, excellent conversationalists and genuinely kind.  Regent cared about the single woman traveller’s experience.  I liked that.

The food is very good.  (My husband says his favorite restaurant in the whole world is The Compass Rose, on Voyager.)  We have tried many new things.   The kitchen prides itself in going ashore and finding local things to eat.  One time, they purchased all these different French cheeses and had an impromptu wine and cheese tasting.  In St. Petersburg, Russia, they bought caviar and announced over the PA anyone interested should come, right now, and try it.  In Spain, they did a fabulous buffet with things caught from the sea.  It is never boring!

I would not cruise on the Navigator.   A long time ago, she was split apart to add more rooms and then put back together.  It didn’t really work.  She is kind of tall and tubby.  There are people who love her, and cruise on her with all her faults.  I would rather choose one of the other vessels.

I cruise on the Voyager.  My favorite suites are in the middle.  I will try for 741.  I like “port side” so I can sit on my veranda and watch what’s going on while we are docked in port. The boat has a “pod” propulsion system.  Because of this, the rooms in the back of the boat can vibrate so hard that water can jump out of a glass.  Try to stay away from rooms in the back...even if they offer you one of the big suites in the very back.  Be specific and book a room in the middle.  The higher up one goes in decks, the more expensive it gets.  The lower decks, in the middle, book first. 

Another hint is do not miss the block party!  You’ll get to have a cocktail party with all your neighbors.  It’s fun and nice to know everyone around you.  

If you can, check the Cruise Critic site and find Regent Seven Seas.  Other travelers have helped me by answering all my questions.  It is a good source.

Hope you go! It is a worthwhile experience to cruise with them.

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
Honored Contributor

@rrpellI love the "Gentlemen" option.  Will have to check that out "just in case" I go solo or w/a girlfriend whos birthday is the same month as mine.

TY Languages.png

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif