Super Contributor

Recommendations for passport belt...

I will be traveling in Jan. to Mexico and I was thinking I need to carry my passport to get back on the cruise ship.  Can anyone please suggest what I should purchase to carry my passport out of the country.

Honored Contributor

Re: Recommendations for passport belt...

I found it easier to keep my passport in a zippered compartment in my pocketbook.  I know my pocketbook goes where I go, so I don't have to worry that I don't have it with me.

I originally bought a cover for it, but found it makes TSA and gate agents at the airport report angry.  LOL.  They were very impatient if the passport was in a cover.  Then it was an issue scanning it.

Super Contributor

I have two items that I use.  One is Sholdit, an infinity scarf with a zippered pouch in it and Flipbelt with zipper.  The zipper pouch on both is large enough for your passport, also you can carry your cell phone and cards or cash safely next to you and you don't need a purse.  

Honored Contributor

DH carries a small pouch around his neck that he purchased onboard the ship.  He keeps passport, some money, ships ID in it.  Works for him and he won't travel without it.

Contributor

My son who is in High School is going to Ireland with a large tour. It was recommended by tour company and band director in charge of tour that they purchase a RFID neck wallet. Probably, same item that previous poster said her husband has.

Esteemed Contributor

A lightweight waist wallet is easy to use and can be tucked into your pants.  I have often used this kind.  

Respected Contributor

I agree with @Still Raining to use a waist type wallet that can tuck into your pants. You want to make sure your passport is safe. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@teachergal          I bought the Travel Money Belt with RFID Block - Theft Protection and Global Recovery Tags from Amazon for our trip to Italy in September.  At the airport I had our passports in a zippered pocket in my handbag so they were handy.  But while traveling in Italy we put our passports in the money belts.  

Esteemed Contributor

When I cruise (frequently)I don't take my passport ashore.  I used to carry a laminated print of two inside front pages of my passport (still put these in each piece of luggage) but now I use my passport card.  In Mexico you shouldn't need your passport to disembark (room card works great).

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@teachergal 

I think Lori Grienier had something at one point that was a black zippered pouch to hold passport, money or other items with a flap that you tucked into your waist band & the pouch portion hung outside the waist band.  You could then cover it or not with a shirt or top of some sort to hide it from view or leave out in open.  Sorry I do not remember the name of it.

Other than that all I can think is a small lightweight crossbody made out of nylon or cotton that you can keep more toward the front of your body...your passport is the most valuable item you have outside the country so I can understand your thoughts on keeping it secure.