Valued Contributor

Re: Recomendations for lodging & food in Old Town, Albuquerque, New Mexico

Thank you so much Kachina 624!!!  My sister lives in California and I am now in Kansas.  We have always loved the Southwest and really enjoyed the Indian Ceremonials, that used to be held in Gallup, always the second weekend of August.  I guess it has moved to a different location a few years ago.  My sister wants to do the Turquoise Trail.  We love walking around and enjoying the vibe.  I will continue to research available vacation homes in Old Town.  My sister's health has been challenging the last couple of years so we will take her wheelchair just in case.  Always nice to just park and enjoy.  We did plan on doing a day trip to Santa Fe so your road trip will be fun!  Even if we just eat there.  I will show them your suggestion and hopefully they are game.  Thank you so very much and have a fantatic day. Smiley Happy 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@coconut1818 The Turquoise Trail is hwy 14, which becomes Cerrillos Road, so you could take this route home from Santa Fe.  It's slower than the Interstate as its windy and narrow through the foothills.  It comes out on IH-40 on the East side of the Sandia Mts. 

By the way, we just had the Gathering of Nations Pow Wow in Albuquerque.  It's the world's largest gathering of indigenous people. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

Thanks so much for the info!  Going to have to tell her about the Gathering of Nations Pow Wow, definitely sounds like something we would really enjoy.  Maybe next year!!!