Super Contributor

Question about Canada travel

Has anyone ever traveled to the Toronto Canada area ? We would like to visit this area but small towns aound  Toranto. Any suggestions?  Please don't refer me to trip advisor.

Honored Contributor

Re: Question about Canada travel

@crazered@I can’t tell you about Toronto Ontario but I can tell you a lot about British Columbia if you ever plan a trip there.I am Canadian and from Vancouver Island.That is one beautiful area with lots to see and do.The island has only one Highway from north to south so you just can’t get lost.

Super Contributor

Check out the downtown city of Toronto. Lots to see and do there. It is sort of like a mini NYC.

Highlighted
Contributor

What kinds of things are you wanting to do or see? I grew up near Toronto. There are so many places you can go. I love the towns along Lake Ontario (Cobourg,Picton, Kingston) and in the Muskokas (cottage country). The article below has some good ideas and pictures. 

https://www.narcity.com/ca/on/toronto/travel/14-of-the-prettiest-towns-you-can-visit-in-ontario

Contributor

This is another good site. I like the MAP on it. 

http://www.comfortlife.ca/best-small-towns-ontario.php

Respected Contributor

I have been to Toronto a lot over the years .. Downtown .. and love it ..

Ottowa is a great city too .....

Honored Contributor

@dexwrote:

@crazered@I can’t tell you about Toronto Ontario but I can tell you a lot about British Columbia if you ever plan a trip there.I am Canadian and from Vancouver Island.That is one beautiful area with lots to see and do.The island has only one Highway from north to south so you just can’t get lost.

I wouldn't mind moving to North Vancouver, or Victoria.....but I guess I'm getting too old.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

Went to Toronto with my daughter - she was in college at the time and they sent her there for a lecture - she didn't want to go alone. 

I walked around the whole place - felt very safe. The only place I took a trolley was to the Beaches area.

Restaurants were very good, everything was clean.

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi I don’t think you are too old to live on the island.Victoria is a beautiful city with lots of things to do at any age.It is easy to get around,lots of bus service.You could choose to live close to the downtown area and walk to shopping and the waterfront.I love being on the waterfront in summer.Ships coming in and tourists everywhere.There are lots of street entertainers and it’s just livelyand fun....really safe for the most part too.

Honored Contributor

@dexwrote:

@Desertdi I don’t think you are too old to live on the island.Victoria is a beautiful city with lots of things to do at any age.It is easy to get around,lots of bus service.You could choose to live close to the downtown area and walk to shopping and the waterfront.I love being on the waterfront in summer.Ships coming in and tourists everywhere.There are lots of street entertainers and it’s just livelyand fun....really safe for the most part too.

@dex   I have stayed at The Empress.........but what I meant was the Canadian government might not want to grant a visa to a senior citizen (although I can support myself.)

♥Surface of the Sun♥