Super Contributor

Re: Places to visit in the Caribbean

@ninjawife  My favorites are Aruba and St. John.  

I highly recomment the Bucuti & Taraa Beach Resort.  It's like heaven on earth and the owners and employees are amazing.  Many who work there have been there for decades.  

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nuttmeg What a lovely trip it must have been for you. I have earthcam on my ipad and look often at Budapest (that camera moves and gives different views) and Prague (that camera doesn't move Smiley Sad). I can also watch the elephants in Botswana, except this time of year they seem to be elsewhere. I have a friend who told me about Wroclaw, and after seeing pictures I would tack that onto my fantasy trip. 

Did you go to Wroclaw on that trip?

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

We have been to Jamaica several times.  We stayed at an all-inclusive near Ocho Rios.  Some years we never left the resort, other years we went on excursions.  We felt very safe there.  I especially liked being able to snorklel right off the beach.  The snorkeling was as good as any cruise excursion I have every been on. 

I like cruising, too.  The entertainment is much better on cruise ships an at resorts.  The food is similar. 

Respected Contributor

@KLm  Our last vacation was a Viking Danube River cruise.

It was wonderful. Only 125 people on the ship and the food

was very good with three different choices of dining area. We were treated very well by attentive staff.

We started in Budapest, then to Austria and Germany.

Beautiful scenery with land always in sight and no feeling of movement on water. That was in August 2019.

@ninjawife  My favorite place in the world is Bermuda. I started going there in the 70's and have vacationed there 15 times. Spring

break is the perfect time to go since the high season and higher hotel rates starts on May 1st. I hope to go again when I feel safe to travel. We have made friends there and the people are lovely. Best part, it is 1 1/2 hours from Boston.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Aruba!!! My all time favorite. DH & I are booking 2 weeks for early 2022!! 

Respected Contributor

I also love Aruba....currently we are in Cancun, Mexico and it is gorgeous........

Esteemed Contributor

@KLm

Yes, I did tour Warsaw and Krakow during the trip. It was a tour of churches and other historic sites.

I sometimes visit exotic places today, bynwatching YouTube videos or Reddit live walking tours. 

Esteemed Contributor

I love Anguilla and go every year except 2020. It’s not for everyone. It’s not a pretty island but people are wonderful, it’s probably the safest island. It’s all about the beaches, great hotels and food. It’s low key, no gambling & limited nightlife. But, if you want more activity you can take a short ferry ride to St Maarten & other neighboring islands for the day or evening.
Respected Contributor

A bit north of the Caribbean is Bermuda.  We love it and will be taking our first post Covid inoculations trip to Bermuda this weekend.

Honored Contributor

@lulu1 wrote:

A bit north of the Caribbean is Bermuda.  We love it and will be taking our first post Covid inoculations trip to Bermuda this weekend.

@lulu1  enjoy your long awaited trip. Bermuda is spectacular!  It's a slice of heaven on earth.  Stunning! 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.