Esteemed Contributor

Re: Places to visit in the Caribbean

Tortorla

St. Bart

Honored Contributor

Took a cruise that stopped at Nassau, St Thomas, St Marteen.  Can't say I cared much for any of them.  Honeymooned in Aruba and loved it.  

Valued Contributor

Cayman was on my list of places to go for twenty years. Finally got to go and wasn't disappointed. We stayed at a friendly small resort across from the beach. Food was good and guests were so friendly. Took an eco tour which turned out to be one of the best days I ever had. Would go back in a heartbeat. Btw we were there the 4th of July and it was celebrated with fireworks. Truly a wonderful place and not a lot of money for me.

Took a cruise. Never again. Stopped at Cayman, and if that were my only experience of the island I would say "meh, not much to Cayman," which is so not true. The only way to see any other places was to book some sort of off the ship tour. Huge disappointment all the way around for me.

So want to visit St Lucia. Cayman and St Lucia are my recommendations.

Esteemed Contributor

There is a cruise experience for every person and family. This will be the value vacation for 2022.

Valued Contributor

@Nuttmeg Oh, yes, there is a cruise experience for everyone. My daughter loves them, which is how I got dragged onto one lol. But she was also with me in Cayman.

If I did another cruise it would be Disney or those European River Cruises because my dream trip is to fly to Prague, visit Wroclaw, drift down to Budapest all the while eating wonderful food, and then boarding a plane for a safari making sure I hit Botswana. Sorry that is OT....I got excited overmuch.

Esteemed Contributor

@kaydee50 :  Please not Aruba! I've been to 80 some countries and islands and Aruba is at very bottom of list!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ninjawife wrote:

My family is anxious to travel again and we are planning a Caribbean vacation for spring break of 2022.  Any suggestions of where to go?  I have been to Puerto Rico, St Thomas, Dominican Republic and the Bahamas and would like to go somewhere I haven't been yet.

@ninjawife @Certain places are on the list of places not to travel to. Check the lists here, it's frequently updated. There are a few level 4 sites in the Caribbean.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjxz4qJ48fwAhWOK80KHdVTD50Q...

Esteemed Contributor

@KLm

I went to Eastern Europe about 12 years ago,and went to all the places you mentioned.

I even took a boat ride on the Danube.

I do hope you will get to take your trip. 

Esteemed Contributor

Grand Cayman and Cozemel are beautiful.

Honored Contributor

US & British Virgin Islands...you must go!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.