Respected Contributor

Since there has been threads about the long wait period for passport renewals, I'd thought I'd post my experience today.  Renewing daughter's passport.  There was no wait, no line.  We were early, they took us early.  On the paperwork that's given, it has routine processing 6-8 weeks and expedited processing within 2-3 weeks crossed out and written as 10 -14 weeks now for routine and 4 - 10 weeks for expedited.  If this holds true, it's shorter than I expected.

Respected Contributor

I was in line at the Post Office and the postal worker gave the passport paperwork to a woman and said passports are taking up to a year and renewals 6-8 months.

So it sounds like it depends on where you go as to how long it will take.

Respected Contributor

@ScrapHappy Did you go to a post office to renew the passport?

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because contains a link

Respected Contributor

@itsmagic wrote:

@ScrapHappy Did you go to a post office to renew the passport?

Yes.  They still send it out and it gets mailed to you.  Inside the mailer with renewed passport is another mailer which we were told to send old passport back to.  The hardest thing about this process was getting an appointment.  They go so fast.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Passport Renewal

[ Edited ]

@Just Bling wrote:

I was in line at the Post Office and the postal worker gave the passport paperwork to a woman and said passports are taking up to a year and renewals 6-8 months.

So it sounds like it depends on where you go as to how long it will take.

There is a great website that is called "passportwaitingtime .com"

That is very accurate because it gets constant crowdsource feedback from people who are actually getting it done.  It is currently running about 51 days for renewals, first time adult 65 days.  

Honored Contributor

My daughter got her passport in less than 4 weeks.  She applied at our local post office.  She was expecting it to take a much longer time.   

Trusted Contributor

I have been waiting since March for my passport. The notes indicate they started working on in May. I called and they said they could not give me any information regarding the status. For $80 they could expedite it but no status on when I would get it even then. I don't know what else to do. 

Contributor

I recently sent in my passport for renewal.  Turnaround time was expected to be 14-18 weeks.  Imagine my shock when I received the new one exactly 2 weeks later!  Still waiting on the return of my old passport, though.  

Glad I didn't spend the money for expedited!

Frequent Contributor

@SouthernFried  This gives me so much hope.  I need to reenw my passport and have waited just a bit too long based on teh timing of my trip.  Maybe I'll still be ok.