Respected Contributor
Hi..@MarnieRez3.. I just found your post. Lol. That was sweet of u to follow up asking about my Trip. We were attending my Godsons wedding in November that was being held at the Omni Rancho Mirage Resort. We stayed the week there. I’m assuming all the names I give u- you’ll know. It was an adventure flying from Newark, NJ. Crazy amount of time between connecting, layovers, etc. Palm Beach International Airport was very unique! The Resort was wonderful, even though they have some bad reviews on the website. The Resort received top praise from us and we live right outside NYC and could be a bit jaded Lol. Omni was fantastic, including service, employees, restaurants, wedding venue, hotel accommodations! I was quite busy at the Resort due to family and the wedding and unfortunately was not able to visit any of your places. We went to a fancy restaurant in Palm Desert that was in the middle of all high end shopped and then went to a lovely Mexican restaurant outdoor w/ trees and foliage in Rancho Mirage and then a great BBQ place across from Resort. We also ate at Blu Embers a few times in Resort. I’ll look up name of restaurants that I just described to u. u. It was an amazing visit out to your area. Lovely warm people we encountered. And like u said, weather was hot during the day and it got cold in the Desert at nite. Spot on! Lol
Respected Contributor
@MarnieRez3.. the names of restaurants I went to was Pacifica on El Paseo in Palm Desert. Very nice, high end and Rehearsal dinner was held there. Then we went another nite to Mexican Redtsurant that was situated outdoors and was named Las Casvelas Nuevas in Rancho Mirage . It was a great place. Very unique and so different then where I live and nite before flying home we went to a cool BBQ place across from Omni Las Palmas Resort in a shopping area and that restaurant I think was called Babes brewery and BBQ. You would know the place and name better then me. Lol. A fantastic experience for “this New Yorker” to come and experience your beautiful state! Thanks again for following up!
Trusted Contributor
@KKlim
Oh so very, very happy for you! Your trip sounds absolutely terrific. Thank you for these two marvelous posts.
High praise indeed if you enjoyed California, since New York State has virtually everything anyone could ever want! We visited Long Island once, and also Manhattan, and we were delighted by the variety of people, food, cultures, shopping, etc. I'm native to California and the people in New York City were the nicest and most helpful people. They went out of their way to find streets we couldn't locate and help us get our subway tickets, etc. My family and I loved New York.
I am familiar with two of the restaurants you named, but I haven't been to them. Rancho Mirage is definitely a place you can visit and never leave, especially if you were at the Omni. (I hadn't read any bad reviews of the resort, and the location is enviable.) Pacifica on El Paseo in Palm Desert is really high-end; It is supposed to be lovely - what a great spot for a rehearsal dinner.
Completely thrilled you had a great visit at the wedding. Here's to more happy and safe travels this year! ❤️ Thanks again for your posts!
Respected Contributor
You sound like such a lovely lady! Your posts are so nice. That’s very cool u knew all the places I spoke about. I forgot to add that everyone at the Omni asked us if we were from NY. 😂. It was sort of funny. We were dead giveaways I guess. We were always rushing around , plus the accent, etc..😂.
I highly recommend Omni las Palma’s if u needed a resort to stay at. I am so glad that my fellow NY’ers were warm and welcoming to u and your family on your trip to NY! I don’t live on Long island or in the city. Im in a NYC northern suburb called Rockland County.c I worked in Manhattan for many years thru 9/11.
It was very lovely chatting w/u. And Thank u for your posts!💜
Trusted Contributor
@KKlim
Right back at you, lovely lady! Hilarious that Californian hotel staff can recognize New Yorkers! Yes, I find the New Yorkers I know move faster and speak faster than we do! They are also funnier and have a fantastic sense of irony.😃💜💜 Warm regards from across the country.
Respected Contributor
Hi @MarnieRez3…I just saw your post.. Thank You! It was very lovely chatting w/u... Glad tomorrow is Friday. Busy work week! Take care of yourself + Have a nice weekend. 😊