Respected Contributor
Hi Ladies..I live in NY and will be traveling to Palm Springs (Rancho Mirage to be exact) in November for a family wedding. I’ve never been out West, so this is a big trip and a bit stressful. At least I have time to prepare over the next several months.
I want to bring the right clothes for the climate for Nov. and just learn a little bit more about the area. We’ll be staying at a resort. I’m sure being a New Yorker I might stick out like a sore thumb..Most of my clothes are black..lol..😊.. anyone live out there or familiar w/ Ranch Mirage?
Honored Contributor

We've visited Palm Springs a number of times over the years.  One of my favorite places.  Weather in November should be very pleasant.  Dress is casual.  Make sure to take the tram up San Jacinto--stunning!

Have fun!  

Honored Contributor

Re: Palm Springs Trip

[ Edited ]

@KKlim I spent my first 61 years in Southern California and the weather in PS is generally nice in November but take a cardigan or light jacket as evenings can be cool. I personally wouldn't take all black. The fall in that area of California is a lot different from NY! And black absorbs heat! Take some black and some other colored pieces. You'll be fine and have fun.

Believe it or not, California is full of New Yorkers. I doubt you'll stick out tho people may ask where you are from. IMO we Californians are a friendly bunch.

Tho I've lived in WA for years I still consider myself a Californian and always will!

Respected Contributor
Thanks @kaydee50 + Love my Grandkids for taking the time for your feedback. @Love my Grandkids..Very cool that u Lived there for 61 yrs. Like I said thankfully, I have several months to prepare. Lol..enjoy your Sunday..🙂
Esteemed Contributor

Weather will be nice but but it can still be warm. A light jacket or sweater will be all you need. Don't wear all black, it will be to hot. Bring lightweight clothes, nothing heavy and most likely nothing long sleeved.  Even a pair of comfortable sandals. 

Respected Contributor

@KKlim Prepare to fall in love. The Palm Springs, Palm Desert, and Rancho Mirage areas are a magical oasis. I think you will be there ahead of the snowbirds who come in from all over the US and even from Canada to spend the winter months. Be ready to encounter other New Yorkers. Hopefully it shouldn't be as congested as it can be around Christmas and the New Year. 

You should have a jacket because that desert does cool down at night. People are wearing everything. You could grab a colorful tee or tank to wear underneath your black shirt and leave it open. Pick up a colorful top or two to wear with your black bottoms and shoes. Just prepare to enjoy your time there. The people in California are extremely cordial and accepting. You may be tempted to contact a realtor. Who knows?

Honored Contributor

Take moisturizer.

Respected Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

Take moisturizer.

Drink more water than you think you need and carry a couple of lip balms. Be sure to follow @geezerette's advice to take moisturizer.

Respected Contributor

Re: Palm Springs Trip

[ Edited ]

It will probably be in the 70s during the day and can drop into the 40s overnight. Even though it's cold at night you'll still be comfortable in a hot tub or heated pool. Play golf and tennis. Eat some dates. Enjoy the great 1950s architecture. If you have allergies, you'll breathe better in the desert. The buses run frequently into Palm Springs. It can be much cheaper to fly into Ontario Airport and take a van to Palm Springs. Impossible not to have a good time in the Coachella Valley.

Honored Contributor

You can ask Google for the average temperatures in any city at any given time.  Southwesterners wear very little black but I wouldn't buy a new wardrobe for one trip.  Maybe a couple of bright, lightweight tops to wear with your black bottoms.  Its sure to be warm.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment