Frequent Contributor
My fiancé and I have been given a gift of 4 days at an Airbnb in Palm Beach (in May), along with tickets to see Jimmy Buffett by my children. We fly into Miami. Should we take a train, rent a car (just to transport us, as I think parking is difficult, we would drop it off when we get there) or shuttle? I've never been to Miami or Palm Beach. Any thoughts? Open to any and all suggestions! Thanks!
Honored Contributor

If you're only going to Palm Beach for a few days why aren't you flying into West Palm Beach International airport?  It's much closer than Miami which is at least an hour (or more) away.  I would look into either renting a car or seeing how much a shuttle costs.  If you decide to rent a car way you can do some site seeing on your own so I would look into what you want to do & see before you go.

I'm not sure about train service from Miami to Palm Beach but I could be wrong.

Respected Contributor

Re: Palm Beach, FL

[ Edited ]

My suggestion would be to rent a car.  You are looking at about 70 miles between Miami and Palm Beach.  West Palm Bech has an airport as well as Ft. Lauderdale.  Both of those would be closer.

Frequent Contributor
This trip was a gift and I'm sure they were working within a tight budget, likely the least expensive flight. My oldest daughter booked everything and it was a huge surprise! She called our our employers to be sure we would be able to get time off. It's mostly about us getting to see Jimmy Buffett in concert. My children range in age from 19-30 so it was truly a gift from the heart!! I will look into renting a car, I think. Looks like shuttle is more costly in the end. Thanks again for your input!!! Happy Travels ~
Valued Contributor

We just got back from West Palm Beach yesterday. We flew right into WPB. My sister has a condo right on the beach. Had a great time. While we were there we saw Phantom of the Opera. Hated to come home.

Honored Contributor

@Zebsmom2 wrote:
This trip was a gift and I'm sure they were working within a tight budget, likely the least expensive flight. My oldest daughter booked everything and it was a huge surprise! She called our our employers to be sure we would be able to get time off. It's mostly about us getting to see Jimmy Buffett in concert. My children range in age from 19-30 so it was truly a gift from the heart!! I will look into renting a car, I think. Looks like shuttle is more costly in the end. Thanks again for your input!!! Happy Travels ~

@Zebsmom2 . What a nice surprise and lovely gift!  Have a grreat time and enjoy the concert & your stay!