Super Contributor
My late husband and I took many trips to Savannah_GA over the years. We loved the area and planned to move there after he retired. Sadly, he died suddenly and for a few years I couldn't even think of going back there even for a visit. My adult daughter asked me if I would feel comfortable visiting Savannah again and I realized I was ready. After the trip all I could think of was moving there and getting away from cold and snowy weather. My daughter said she would move with me so I wouldn't feel alone and help me financially. She can work from anywhere as long as she has internet. We have been looking at Condos and found some nice ones on Wilmington Island and Whitemarsh Island. Both of these locations are halfway between Tybee Island and Savannah historic district. Just wondering if anyone here has been to these two locations. We will be meeting with our realtor in a month. Thank You for any replies. Add Comment Hearts 6 Kachina624 Kachina624 Honored Contributor Jul 18 @vicki is ok You need to talk to @KingstonsMom. She lives on an island near Savannah. I'm sure she'll be able to answer any questions I Add Comment Hearts 11 Kachina624 Kachina624 Honored Contributor Jul 19 @vicki is ok You can page @KingstonsMom by using the @ symbol and typing her name exactly as it appears here and ask her any questions you have. I'm sure she'd be glad to help. Add Comment Heart 1 Enter reply text Search Forums & Blogs Sign Out Version: Mobile | Full Easy Pay® Every Day. On Everything. Enjoy Now. Your order ships right
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom. Somebody wants you. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: Paging @KINGSTONSMOMIG

[ Edited ]

@vicki is ok@Kachina624 

So sorry I haven't responded, I haven't been here much lately!

Yes, I live on Wilmington Island about 10 miles from Tybee Island and 10 miles from downtown Savannah.

The Islands are a beautiful area, Wilmington Isl., Whitemarsh Isl., Talahi Island and Oatland Isl.

I grew up on Wilmington Isl. and I'm 68 now, so I obviously love it, LOL!

If you have any questions that I can help answer for you and DD, just ask!

We'll leave the light on for ya', LOL!

(Thank you for the alert @Kachina624 Heart

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom    How do you get to your island?  Is there a bridge or do you have to take a ferry?  What is there to do there?  Nice shops, beaches? 

Obviously I've never been to that area. 

Super Contributor
Thank you for your response. I'm almost 70 so I am excited to be doing this. My husband was military for 23 years so I have lived many places all over the world and then he worked for the civilian side of the military nearing his retirement.
If I have any questions I will ask. I know those islands are nice so it's just finding what works for us.
Again, thank you for replying and thank you Kachina for the heads up.
Super Contributor
Kachina thanks for getting me in touch with KINGSTONSMOM.
Honored Contributor

Re: Paging @KINGSTONSMOMIG

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 

The various islands are connected to each other by bridges and there are 2 bridges that connect the Islands to Savannah.

We have all of the usual businesses; banks, grocery stores, pharmacies, restaurants, boutiques, doctors, dentists, bars, etc.

A lot of the islands are wildlife preserves and nature trails, affording great photography opportunities, as well as just relaxing with nature.

We're also only 10 miles from Tybee Island, with beaches on the Atlantic ocean or historic downtown Savannah.

Since the islands are surrounded by water, waterfront properties are a premium!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom   Sounds like an interesting place to live but I bet you sweat out hurricanes.  I looked online and saw that they're building a lot of new, very expensive homes there.  Must be a hot housing market.  Lots of nice looking condos with screened porches. 

Thanks for answering my question.  I'm always interested in hearing about new places.