Contributor

Hi !

Looking for airline input. I am planning a trip to the Florida Panhandle in the fall. The time schedule of the available flights doesn't quite work for me round trip.

I could get 2 flights, one way on 2 different airlines which would work out great.

I have never done this and am feeling a bit leary.( not sure why!?) I would book direct with airlines and not a 3rd party.

Thanks in advance for any advice or comments! I don't fly all that much these days.

Trusted Contributor

Re: One-way flight tickets (2)

My take is that you will be OK with the two one-way tickets.  I had to do that about 2 years ago and it worked out fine for me.  It will point out which airline is the best and the one you might lean to in the future.  Because the airline I used for the first trip over was a lot better than the airline coming back home!  And that is all I will say about that!!  LOL

Good luck and have a good trip!

Respected Contributor

No reason not to do it. Good luck and have fun!

Contributor

Thank you so much! haha.. that is a good point and well taken.

I really appreciate your feedback! Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I had to do the same thing for our upcoming Alaskan cruise.  We set sail from Anchorage and return to Vancover.  So our starting flight is to Anchorage and our return flight is from Vancover.  I hope it works out, but couldn't figure out what else to do.

Contributor

Thank you!! I was hoping their would be no particular reason to not do this!

Much appreciated Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

In the "old days" it used to be cheaper to buy a roundtrip than 2 separate one ways.  No longer.  In fact, many airlines, e.g., JetBlue and Southwest, price their fares based on one way.

Contributor

Thank you all  so much for the responses! 

I'm going to do it!