Respected Contributor

Re: Okay All Campers - I Need Food Help

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva

You know I cannot help you but I wanted you to know, I hope you have a great time!Heart

Valued Contributor

We love camping but very rarely eat 3 meals a day.  We like late "camp" breakfast of fried potatoes with either sausage or bacon.  Sometimes we do "camp" breakfast which is frittata form all together in a fry pan.  Or sausage gravy and biscuits.  If we don't do the late breakfast most times lunch is just snacks of smoked fish with cheese and crackers or something light.

I also would ask the others going as they may do a potluck type supper with a bring your own meat and a dish to share.

Honored Contributor

Thanks everyone.  I love the idea of cooking as much as I can at home.  I detest cooking but there aren't going to be restaurants where we are going, that are close to us. I will do my shopping this weekend. We do have fridge space because we have a regular residential fridge in our camper. 

We only know 1 of the other couples that are going and everyone else is friends of there's but I will see what they do for these trips. They all do this every year but it's our first year. 

I'm the type that would cut up some cheese and have it with crackers and fruit for lunch or even dinner.  DH has to eat "food."  LOL 

I appreciate the suggestions from everyone.      

Valued Contributor

@Lipstickdiva

We are new to Camper Trailer Travel too!   Bath area across the back, Kitchen and booth in the middle and bedroom up front with a curtain to go around the foot of the bed COZY       

I would suggest getting a piece of notebook paper for each day and scope out some basic menu ideas based on what foods and snacks you and DH prefer.   

My DH likes his breakfast and can fix his own eggs and bacon on the stove. I just like to sleep late and enjoy coffee and quiet.  Our first outing DH set off the darn smoke alarm! 

OH THE JOY!      

We have had hotdogs (grilled on a pan on stovetop) buns and cole slaw and chips. 

Chili  over Rice is portable and easy to heat up in the microwave.  Grilled Cheese sandwiches and tomato soup are always good and easy.   Fruit, Cheese,Crackers !!   

Adult Beverages Of Course!  <G>  Wine Bottle/Beer Bottle Opener? (essential)

It is HOT!  You might want to take along a  BOX FAN and long extension cord to set up in front of your chairs outside.  ??

I am a list maker.  I also keep a running list of what I did not bring and wished for. Like I forgot MUSTARD?  OMG!  The Slaw had some mustard in it - we survived.  

Have FUN and do let us know how this adventure goesl 

Keep Calm and Travel On, 

CAT

Honored Contributor

I know people who use Blue Apron and Hello Fresh for RVing.

There is also a company called Fireside Provisions which does something similar for camping.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Beanie Weenies

S'mores

Alcohol

hot dogs

chips

peanuts

@Lipstickdiva

Honored Contributor

Our last outing was the weekend right before the 4th of July.  Holy cow was it hot and the fuse blew at the pole we were plugged into so we lost our AC.  Luckily I was right there when it happened so I knew it happened.  I fiddled around a little then the guy next to us realized what happened and reset the breaker.  We had the dog with us.  Had we been away for awhile and left the dog and that happened, it could have been a real problem. 

We are luckily that next week our weather is supposed to cool off.  We are supposed to have some super hot days tomorrow through Monday then in the upper 70's to low 80's. 

We are lucky that we have a huge barn so our camper is always plugged in.  The fridge is always cold so I am able to keep some basics in there all the time like a case of water and condiments. I made the mistake of keeping crackers and other snacky items in the cupboards but they got stale from the heat and moisture.  LOL 

And believe you me, we don't forget our adult beverages. LOL