Honored Contributor

Re: Ok….gonna try going to Vegas again.

@ThinkingOutLoud , It's for my gd's birthday and I missed it last year.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@Alter Ego , Uber is what I usually use and while the experience wasn't terrible, it wasn't great.  Even going to and from the same place in one day, the price was slightly different.  Once, I came straight down from my room after calling for a pickup.  Didn't see them, had to call again.  Found out later that I was charged $5 fee for missed ride.  Of course, I disputed the charge.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Trusted Contributor

I'm live in the Las Vegas area.  Don't forget to factor in "resort fees" each night in addition to the nightly rate.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie I've only been to Vegas once and for me that was enough.  We are not gamblers but we did enjoy the shows and the dining experience.  HOWEVER, be careful with where you stay.......if you are in fairly good shape you can walk everywhere on the strip (though it's quite long).  That's where everything is and if you want to go further or elsewhere just take a cab.  MY DH had booked a hotel off the strip because it was "reasonable".  Well let me tell you I wanted to physically choke him.

I think there were hookers at the hotel bar and the music was so loud we could hear it upstairs in our room all night long.  Just wanted to throw this out there for you.   It is something to think about, also off the strip is some not so safe areas.  Needless to say from that time forward he has been on hotel "probation" LOL, I book them all now Smiley Happy

Have a nice trip.

Honored Contributor

Hahahaha, @LindaSal , you need to tell me what hotel that is so that I can avoid .  I don't like Vegas either but my son lives there so to see the grandkids, we go.  In the past, we have staed at an inexpensive small hotel, Hilton Garden.  I chose it because it has good shuttle service.  Hubby hates it because its dull so I thought Id try to appease him by booking something more upscale.  As far as shows go, the really nice ones are way too expensive or they are off for the summer.

Thank you for a funny post.

Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie  "As far as shows go, the really nice ones are way too expensive "

Vegas hotel tips...........

After you check in, visit the "concierge desk."  Chit chat w/them of what you plan to do. They will become your BFF during your stay.

Get your show tickets through them at a lower rate.  Even if the show is sold out, the concierge will magically find tickets for you.  They have relationships with brokers, or know season ticket holders who may not be using their seats, or even have tickets themselves.

The concierge can call up a car for you at a lower rate. They have contacts standing by waiting to pick up passengers at a moment’s notice. 👍🏾

The above also works at hotels in other cities that has concierge service.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the good tips @Mz iMac!

Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie

You're Welcome copy.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

Thanks for the good tips @Mz iMac!

Hi Foxxie...We have gone to Vegas many times. The Monte Csrrlo is nice not too big..We stayed at the Paris, Luxor, Excslibur, New York New York, all were nice

Jessa
Esteemed Contributor

why not check out expedia.com?  Or, Vegas.com?

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life