Esteemed Contributor

Re: O/T favorite vacation place?

[ Edited ]

This is a no brainer for me. Paris is the best! Second place is any other part of France.

Contributor

Just took my dream vacation.  First "real" vacation for my husband and I and we have been married 34 years.  Maui! It was so beautiful there.  WE are trying to figure out how we can move there....ahhhh, a girl can dream anyway.

Respected Contributor

I also have a few places!!!!!

Domestic - Sedona, Grand Canyon. San Diego.

International - Paris, my favorite city in the whole world !!!

France in general,especially Côté D'Azur, Normandy, Loire Valley,Dordogne,Bordeaux.

Israel

Italy also in general, Capri and Venice are my favorite.

Barcelona

Caribbean beaches

Respected Contributor

@Stray wrote:

I love everywhere I travel to....Italy is my part time home so I'll exclude that...

Africa

Australia & NZ

Scandinavia 

I'm just back from Israel & Greece.....so they are high up there.  One particularly moving experience:  I was sailing The Sea of Galilee and they raised the American flag and played our anthem...the sailers, guide All stood with their hands on their hearts and sang our National Anthem so did all my fellow travelers, mostly American but one couple from Japan and another from NZ.   I got chills in view of our controversy.   So Israel will always be memorable for many reasons but that is one 

I also had very touching experience abroad. We were in Antibes, France during 10th year anniversary of 9/11. This little town had thrown such celebration ! They decorated their central square with American flags, military band came, their older veterans, locals.They played our anthem and other American songs. Very,very touching.... I cried so much that evening.

Honored Contributor

@tamigirl59 wrote:

Just took my dream vacation.  First "real" vacation for my husband and I and we have been married 34 years.  Maui! It was so beautiful there.  WE are trying to figure out how we can move there....ahhhh, a girl can dream anyway.

@tamigirl59 My sister's old friend and college roommate did move there two years ago, and she is ready to move back to Charlotte as she said Maui is super expensive and even though she was retired, she had to get a job in Maui just to make it, and she is 67 years old. Her son, however is in the military and Hawaii is his base, and she wanted to be closer to him......It is gorgeous and my most favorite place as well, but I wouldn't live there-way too costly, unless I could really afford it........But yes we can always dream!!!!!!!!!

Respected Contributor

We have been to Disney World a couple of times.  Planning is key to having memorable trip especially if it is someone's first trip.   The last time we went we had been there enough times that we did not feel there were things we had to do or see so aside from making dinner reservations in advance we just winged it and had a great time.  

But my favorite trip was out trip to Madrid in the summer of 2016.  We toured but it was also very laid back and relaxing.  We took siestas then went out in the laste evening for dinner dining on tapas and enjoying some great Spanish wines.