Esteemed Contributor

Not sure if I asked this about carry on luggage

Might  be losing it.  Cannot find my carry on luggage post.  In any case traveling on American Airlines.  Wanting to take on one underseat and one over head luggage.

I have the Lug Puddle Jumper Wheelie and am concerned if it is allowed.  It seems to meet the specs but I have heard some passengers have been asked to check it.  Not sure I got that right.  

Any advice would be appreciated about any bag.  

Frequent Contributor

Re: Not sure if I asked this about carry on luggage

This somewhat depends on the size of the flight.  If it is a smaller regional jet you may have to plane side check it.  If it is a larger flight I believe you will be okay.  I would look at the American Airlines site to see if it fits the dimensions of their bins/under seat.  

Honored Contributor

@bonnielu I took my Lug Puddle Jumper Wheelie on my trip to Japan (Japan Airlines) this past March/April and it was allowed. Probably depends upon the various airlines and their specifications. I had no problem with using it as a carry-on. The gal who sat next to me loved it so much, that before we took off she got on QVC and ordered one for herself!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bonnielu:  The Lug puddler jumper wheelie measures 21 inches which is the general size bag allowed as a carry on. You should check the American Airlines website for the precise measurements. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Use a softside tote as your second carryon and tuck your purse in it before you board.  I do that all the time.

Honored Contributor

@bonnielu  I'm thinking you should be fine.  We flew on American in February.  I had a Cruiser Wheelie as my carry-on.  I think it's a little larger than the PJ Wheelie, but it worked fine, fitting in the overhead.  I used a Bumper as my personal bag.  If there's a little squishy room, it'll fit under the seat in front of you.  

Honored Contributor

@bonnielu

Is this the thread you were looking for: https://community.qvc.com/t5/Travel/TSA-and-3-1-1-Rule/m-p/4895881#M11363

9/03?

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

It really depends on the size of the plane and how full it is.

I was on American from Dallas to DC last Friday and we had a sold out flight and many people could not bring a carry on as it was a small plane and had to check it at the gate.  I was able to bring my Vera Bradley backpack purse and my rolling laptop bag but anyone with anything larger than a laptop bag in the last 10 rows to board had to leave it at the gate.

I've taken 16 seat puddle jumpers and they make me gate check my laptop bag.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

@LTT1  thanks,  could not find it

Frequent Contributor

Sorry, one more thing to think about.  

If you want to carry an overhead bag and a personal item (such as one that goes under your seat), depending on when you board (ie, the order) there may not be room for your overhead bag.  In that case, the airline will check the bag for free to you destination.  If you have medicine, jewerly, etc in the bag you would normally put in the overhead, you may want to keep that in your underseat bag incase you do have to check your overhead bag.  

I fly almost 100K miles a year for work (not always as glamorous as it sounds).  And, I know that flyers that do not have status on the airline are sometimes short-changed if they want to carry a bag for the overhead bin.  

Good luck and bon voyage!