Respected Contributor

I will be traveling from Death Valey to St George Utah.  As I will be getting a late start in the day, I want to spend the night somewhere in between.  I want to avoid the strip but thought perhaps North Las vegas would work out.  Looking online it looks like the Hampton Inn/Speedway would be suitable.  Not knowing the area though, I need your advice.  We all know how things can look different online.  I will be traveling alone so I want safe and clean, with free parking.  Is this a good area and hotel?  If not, is there another area/hotel you would reccomend?  I want to be close to I-15 so I can get on the road to St George easily.

Any thoughts and reccomnedations will be happily recieved.

TIA

Esteemed Contributor

I too have been alone and taken 15 to go west.  You will be fine.

Not much beyond LV as you have seen.  So cling to 15, for food and gas too.

There is also an group of motels a little south at the airport.  Been a while, but they were the usual and were good.

Happy Trails to you.

Honored Contributor

Hampton Inns are our first choice in hotels--safe, clean, free parking and breakfasts.  I wouldn't hesitate to stay there or in that area. 

Respected Contributor

That's a good hotel.  It's popular during the car races in Las Vegas.

It's only another 2 hours at the most to drive to St. George.  

I just left Las Vegas yesterday and drove through that area to Salt Lake City.

There's lots of road construction going on presently.  There may be slow downs in the Gorge so watch your speed.  We saw several speed traps.

Respected Contributor

@Scooby Doo 

@kaydee50 

@Still Raining 

Thank you all for your replies.   The Hampton Inn it is.

Appreciate the heads up on the speed traps too.